Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Just bought the ugliest car ever!
  • sangobegger
    Free Member

So I am now the owner of a 1.9 diesel Fiat Doblo, 5 seater. Fantastic to drive, can take a load of bikes wheels on, and is dead comfy. Candidate for ugliest car ever, but already I’m starting to warm to its minimal charms.
    Equipment spec is non-existent, but at least the windows are powered and it has a better heater than my old Zafira. What more do you need – and do you have an uglier car than this?

tomhoward

Thats not even the ugliest Fiat!

That’d be this….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You’re not even trying!

wilko1999
    Free Member

Before even clicking on the thread, I knew the Multipla would be either the main subject, or mentioned very shortly afterwards. It looks like Homer Simpson designed it!

tomhoward

Plus, isn’t the Doblo an ‘van’?

cheers_drive

The Rodius wins the hit with who ugly tree contest easily.
    It looks one of those strange composite images pf cars they use for insurance adds. Or a car photofit gone wrong.

sangobegger
    Free Member

Indeed it is a van with seats in the back. Bit like driving a greenhouse what with all the space inside. There is even a shelf above your head you could virtually lie in. Reckon I’ll be sticking a mattress in it for summer jollies away

AlexSimon

I like the multipla.

Much better than the facelifted one.

I’d rather have a world full of cars like than than all the nearly -identical things we have at the moment.

chrismanc
    Free Member

Parents used to have a multipla..ugly as hell but damn good cars for a family.

AlexSimon

Walt’s from Breaking Bad is pretty ugly:

khani
    Free Member

We’ve got a 1.9 multijet Doblo, ugly.. but we can get 2 sea kayaks on the roof, 4 dogs, 2 bikes, two of us, bike kit, kayak kit, 2 tents plus all the camping kit including a camping fridge/freezer (a proper one not a cool box) plus our shopping for a week.. at the same time.. And it’ll still give over 45mpg
    it hasn’t missed a beat or broke down in over six years.. And it’s got the coldest air con I’ve ever seen in a car.
    My only criticism is the slidey back windows, if they’re not completely shut they’re noisy and you can slide em open from outside..

wobbliscott
    Free Member

The car in Breaking Bad is a Pontiac Aztec and genuinely is one of the most god awful cars ever made….

image by wobbliscott, on Flickr

maccruiskeen

The BMW X6

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Khani, that sounds great, think I may have to consider one as my next car. What’s the set up with the rear seats, do they come out to get all that stuff inside, or just fold down?.

seavers
    Free Member

So I am now the owner of a 1.9 diesel Fiat Doblo, 5 seater.

Nowt wrong with that! Good bike car/van type thing! I have been looking at the Dacia range. Even though I probably wouldn’t get one now I reckon after some development over the next couple of years they will be a great buy.

RustySpanner

I love our Doblo:

I admire the deliberate ugliness, for example the fact that the 3 side windows are mismatched – one winds, one slides, the other pivots.

I love the pointlessly bulged wheelarches, the 1970’s Fiat Strada door handles, the too small wheels and the useless roof channels.

Mines a 58 with the facelifted front – I actually think that bit looks good!

binners

At least Fiats have a sort of weird charm. Like that oversized Fiat 500 based things that look like a telly tubby car.

Whereas No American has ever successfully ‘styled’ a car. Ever! And they should be banned from exporting them so the rest of the world is spared their apalling taste. And Harley Davidsons too, while we’re at it. Which are the ugliest, and also the stupidest motorised vehicle ever built!

khani
    Free Member

Khani, that sounds great, think I may have to consider one as my next car. What’s the set up with the rear seats, do they come out to get all that stuff inside, or just fold down?.

You have to take the headrests out then the backs go down and it all flips up behind the front seats.
    Then it’s a van with windows..
    Ours is a facelift one and it’s not that ugly 😉 and with snow tyres and plenty of ground clearance it’s unstoppable, took to Livigno a few times and it coped really well in the Alps..

theotherjonv

I don’t know how fiat can be so good and so bad almost at the same time.

The new fiat 500 – gorgeous

That fiat 500xl thing mentioned above. Should have been aborted at conception.

Tiger6791

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

My mate has a Doblo 1.4 diesel thing. My godson has severe cerebral palsy so they get it from Motobility. You try to get up to speed in that with about a ton of extra weight from electric wheelchair ramps and lifts. He says its biblically slow and damn ugly. Even on the flat it just doesn’t make any progress at all.

khani
    Free Member

I also drive a 1.2 petrol wheelchair version at work 😀 its so slow its painful! the conversion to carry a wheelchair has killed it, It rattles and vibrates like it’s falling apart and runs out of gears on not that big hills, and gives 30mpg.. 😀
    the 1.9d multijet goes pretty well,

Olly
    Free Member

We have fiats for work vans, and our doblo was bought without sidedoors to save the 50p it would have been to get one with them. (this is a REAL pain in the arse). We refer to it as having the “lightweight sport pack” and insist on having “rallio” written on the back. It annoys the snot out of him (curse his thriftiness)
    1.9 Multijet. not quick perse, but quite fun to drive i think (for a car derived van)

PePPeR

Is it bad that I quite like the Ssangyong Rodius? 😀

monkeyp

Take a look at the WiLL Vi car thing made by Toyota. There is always one parked in Kidderminster Sainsburies car park and it makes me do a sick in my mouth every time

wavejumper
    Free Member

Anybody know if multipla’s are any good. They may be ugly but that makes them cheap! If they aren’t a money pit I may throw some money at one just to carry the bikes in. Anybody got one? What’s it like. Also can you get bikes in the back without taking the wheels off if I took out the back seats. 3 up front is a great advantage as well.

jimw
    Free Member

Nope, ugliest car in the world is the LR evoque in white

gopping

(imho of course)

jsync

hora
    Free Member

Err Xsara Picasso wins.

**** ugly

epicyclo

wavejumper – Member
    Anybody know if multipla’s are any good…

I liked mine. Loads of cheap plastic but a great bike carrier – which is the highest compliment you can pay a car. Not particularly economical but ok to drive at appropriate speeds.

Right up until the cambelt broke…

coatesy
    Free Member

Surprised nobody’s mentioned the Mercedes Citan, looks even worse in real life than in pictures. Guess no-one’s seen one because no-one’s bought one.

slowjo
    Free Member

gopping

Wot he said!

TheFlyingOx

Ahem…

AlexSimon

slowjo – Member

gopping

[quote]Wot he said! [/quote]
    They must have really studied their target market well 🙂

avdave2

We’ve had a Doblo for coming up to 6 years and I’ll happily buy another when it dies. The car no one wants and everyone needs. I looked at the Berlingo etc but the Fiat had better reports on reliability and a bit more load capacity. The only thing I don’t like is the rear seat foldown in that you can fold down the single seat on its own but not the double. So you can turn it into a 4 seater but not a 3 seater.

Houns

Anything from the current BMW range

hairybiker84
    Free Member

I concur

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Just bought the ugliest car ever!’ is closed to new replies.