Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Just bought the perfect roadtrip car..
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Planning a 4 week camping road-trip around Europe with my flatmate this summer.

Wanted a car which would be comfortable to drive for long period, had loads of room for our gear, good fuel economy, had the ability to take extra passengers, would be easy to get insurance for two 22 year-olds (one who will have only just got his license), would handle rough roads fine, and we could potentially sleep in the back of.

We’d been looking at vans, Volvo estates, Ford Mondeos etc etc.

Anyway, last weekend we bought this 😀

It’s so fun 😀

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

😀

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Nice apart from the roll over hoops.

What engine and does it have LSD?

piemonster

windydave13
    Free Member

Nice action.
    I picked my Mk1 up this morning although it needs a bit of work before its in full “road trip” condition 😆

Harry_the_Spider

You pair of knobs 😀

I envy you.

m0rk
    Free Member

I saw the thread title & thought MX5! You’ll love it… but hate the short gearing!

Rip the sun visors off, they’re too low and useless & just pop out

As above, ditch the ‘hoops’ as that’s your new luggage space!

I miss mine

sharkattack

I love MX5’s but I haven’t driven one for years. Loads of fun. I’m heading off on a euro-trip next week and I’ll be taking in the Stelvio pass but in a fully loaded VW T5. I’m hoping that the riding will make up for the tedium of endless body roll.

Obligatory Cautionary Tale- I know someone who was rear ended in one of these and the purely decorative roll over hoop opened up the back of his head. Very lucky to be alive.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Nice apart from the roll over hoops style bars.

FTFY

midlifecrashes

Awesome. I wish I had one at 22. Of course when I was 22 they weren’t invented yet so I had a Mini instead, then an MG Metro. I did eventually get round to it three weeks ago though…

[Ferris]
    I love driving it. It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.
    [/Ferris]

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Where you gonna put your birds and barang?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

a 4 week hair dressing tour of Europe 😉

Looks like the fist bit of fun might be packing, enjoy!

Northwind

While they are brilliant cars, you might want to consider getting some flyers and posters printed to explain that you’re not lovers. Unless you are of course, save a fortune that.

timidwheeler

Are you going to France because of their recent law change?
    Lovely Colour btw.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Midlife, shame you went for a Mk3 rather than the better Mk2.5… from an ex Mk3 owner.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Nice – I loved my mark 3

But that was the straight hairdressers version.

You see with yours that it only takes blokes. Have a good trip… 😉

fasthaggis

Classic typo mike,or is it?. 🙂

IGMC

motivforz
    Free Member

I’m very much enjoying Duane’s posts right now. Bought a red mk1 mx5 late last year purely for a bit of fun, with a road trip to italy (also camping) this summer and going to le mans in it. Le mans will be 2 6ft2 plus’ers, and camping. Going to be funny!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Just bought the perfect roadtrip car..’ is closed to new replies.