Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Just bought some SLX M665 Disc Brakes – should the front be supplied with mount?
  • Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

I've just opened the pack to discover the rear has an IS mount but the front doesn't have one. Confused.com 🙄

Is this how Shimano supply them?

Thanks

Splash-man
    Free Member

I guess it depends on what you ordered but normally you would expect to receive either an IS or a post mount adaptor for each brake.

vinnyeh

Front and rear calipers are post mount. Rear is supplied with an IS adaptor- front won't be.

Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

I think that's how they must supply them but IS is more common than PM isn't it so you'd think an IS mount would be supplied.

Looks like installation is on ice for the time being. 🙄

rs
    Free Member

IS is more common at the back, PM is more common at the front, for at least the last few years.

coatesy
    Free Member

They come from the factory without adapters or rotors so you can order to suit, looks like you've actually got a freebie.

locomotive

TB – I bought some SLX brakes recently. Mine also came with rear IS mount but no front one. Most new forks are Post mount I guess, so fairly understandable.

Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

The brakes look lovely BTW. I'm dying to get them attached to the bike now. 8)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Just bought some SLX M665 Disc Brakes – should the front be supplied with mount?’ is closed to new replies.