Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Just bought some SLX M665 Disc Brakes – Need to find compatible 6 bolt rotors…
  • Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

I've just ordered a pair of SLX disc brakes from Ribble but they aren't supplied with rotors. Ideally, I'd like Shimano but I'd consider any brand really as long as they have a braking surface the same width as SLX rotors.

I think they're designed to work with 160mm rotors which is fine for the rear of my bike as the carbon stays are curved so I have clearance issues – I could go to 180mm max. As for the front, I'd be happy to run either a 180mm or 203mm rotor. (adaptors will be required, obviously)

If someone who has SLX SM-RT64 rotors on their bike could measure the braking surface, that would be really helpful too…

Thanks in advance…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I run mine with Hope Floating rotors on my Singlespeed…

No dramas here at all… 8)

Oh, and a 180mm on the front 160mm at the rear..

Oh, ask Mick ( Firestarter) for dimensions of the SLX rotors- I gave him a pair of 160mm ones yesterday.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

yeah ive got slx with XT rotors. all ok as long as you pick the correct adapter

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

Those floating rotors sure are pretty. 😛

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

the new shimano floaters are nice too….

robbo1234biking

I use AShima rotors and have never had any problem with them. Merlin do them

Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

I think the shimano floaters might be centre-lock so no good for me.

MrTall
    Free Member

I have the Shimano floating rotors (on 2 bikes with SLX and XT) and they are available in 6 bolt as well as centrelock. CRC and Merlin stock them.

They look good and are noticeably stiffer than standard ones. Can't say i notice any difference in performance (running 203/180) but they stay truer for longer so less of the annoying 'chinging' noises….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Just bought some SLX M665 Disc Brakes – Need to find compatible 6 bolt rotors…’ is closed to new replies.