Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • Just bought some Lego!
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

Just spent £120 on one of these:

A bit of a mid life crisis I think.

It’s also very complex, 6 instruction books.

The wife is going to kill me when she gets in from work.

CountZero

Always wear shoes of some sort around the house, or slippers.
    Just in case, like… 😉

colournoise

Nice one. Had a little mini Lego revival myself recently.

fasthaggis

OP

She is when she finds out that you could have got it cheaper 😉

Just selling all the kids Lego ,frightening to see how much some of it costs.

DezB
    Free Member

Married at 11-16 years old. What’s the world coming to?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I bought myself the ghostbusters Lego set – Ecto 1. My first ever Lego set. I get it now, very enjoyable and satisfying. It’s very hard walking past the Lego store now.

Drac

Awesome!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Oh dear, Lego Technic is barely even Lego. You shoulda just bought a toy crane

seadog101

Money well spent.

jfletch
    Free Member

I have this…

Best £60 I ever spent.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nice.

I have a StormTrooper, it was bought for my daughter (then 10 years old) and she was quite miffed to find out that I had finished the construction without her. She’s 25 and still hasn’t forgotten. I am gutted I didn’t get the 3CPO at the time as they are discontinued now.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I’d rather spend my money on art

from here

http://www.thebrickfantastic.com/new-gallery-bricksy-lego-banksy/

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Have been dropping not-too-subtle hints about the crane for the last few b’days and Xmas’s….. this thread may be the final straw…..

Cougar

I really, really want:

nemesis
    Free Member

I’m very pleased to say that Nemesis Jnr is a big fan of Lego 🙂

Sadly my parents seem to have disposed of most of my childhood Lego but we made up for it to some extent by finding a huge box of mainly Harry Potter Lego on gumtree for £35. I reckon there’s a few hundred quid’s worth of Lego there.

And now he loves the Star Wars themed ones which I have to admit I really like too…

I still want the SPACESHIP though…

Steelsreal

Fasthaggis, what you selling, my daughter is just getting “into” lego and most of my old stuff seems to have disappeared from my parents loft??

gobuchul
    Free Member

She is when she finds out that you could have got it cheaper

I know it’s £112 at Tesco but I wanted it now! Besides it came from John Lewis so I should be able to price match.

matt_outandabout

Money well spent

*nods*

jp-t853

My brother has been getting the archetecture series and they look great when you see a few together.

I did here that some of the big kits come for example with three bags of Lego inside and Argos had been scammed by people returning ‘unopened’ boxes but they did not know one bag had been removed. I presume people have bought and returned three boxes to get a free set.

spacemonkey

Fasthaggis, what you selling, my daughter is just getting “into” lego

Oi, budge over 😀 Begsy mine! Monkey jnr is getting into Lego too …

spacemonkey

BTW, all you Lego fans need to check out this old thread, especially atkinsar’s collection 😯

geoffj

We’ve got one of these sitting in a box under the stairs waiting for Junior 1 to be old enough to complete it.

geoffj

BTW, all you Lego fans need to check out this old thread, especially atkinsar’s collection

😥

mrblobby
    Free Member

especially atkinsar’s collection

Flippin eck. Though part of me thinks that all Lego should just be kept in a disorganised mess in a couple of massive tubs under the bed 🙂

fasthaggis

Steelsreal

We are clearing out our loft and found 4 big boxes of lego ,plus an army of Bionicles .
    New rules state that nothing goes back up in the loft 🙂

I kept most of the instructions ,so we are going to try and build up some of the bigger themed sets ( Batman,StarWars,Spiderman ) then put them up on Gumtree before Xmass 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

Best £60 I ever spent.

Now as much as I’ve always loved Lego I think you need to get out more 🙂

nemesis
    Free Member

then put them up on Gumtree before Xmass

Ebay if they’re sets that are hard to get hold of now and desirable (which the Starwars ones will be) as people will bid silly money for complete sets from what I’ve seen.

mrblobby
    Free Member

then put them up on Gumtree before Xmass

Yeah, I thought Gumtree was only for fencing stolen goods?

nemesis
    Free Member

Shhhh!

(It’s pefectly legit for non bike stuff IME)

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I did the lego thing a few years back

got this

and this

Mrs Feet seemed only mildly annoyed!

smokey_jo

I was in the Lego head office yesterday – lots of scandinavian hipsters smoking roll-ups and table football in the cafe.

ChrisL

My dad (73 years old) has developed quite a Technic habit in the last few years. The big yellow crane that opened this thread was his main birthday present this year. 🙂 It’s not as huge as the Unimog, though.

Benny and his Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP were put into the Lego movie specifically to make people like me spend 80 quid on it as soon as it was in the shops and I can’t say I regret it at all!

superdan

Broken hip, so been mucking around with some Mindstorms stuff, hooked up to a RaspberriPi using the BrickPi board.

This bot rambles around the kitchen trying not to crash into things, looking for a specific colour.

Any resemblance to Wall-E is annoyingly accidental.

mudshark
    Free Member

OPs crane is the 16th most complicated lego kit:

http://brickset.com/sets/list-9322

Friend got the Tower Bridge one for Christmas. Wish I’d bought the Imperial Star Destroyer when I was tempted as valuable now.

prettygreenparrot

I’m stretching out building this one
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/mPNN4d]Untitled[/url] by prettygreenparrot, on Flickr

racefaceec90

YES! [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK9J_VkirBM[/video] 8)

bensales
    Free Member

I’ve had a similar early-mid-life crisis this year…

…plus buying my five year old son way more Lego than he needs as well.

The crane was great, but the build took just a little bit too long and I started to lose interest. Love the X-Wing though, it’s the Collectors Edition one and is a fantastic build.

I reckon it won’t be long before I give in to Benny’s Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! as well, given my name…

gobuchul
    Free Member

Didn’t go well when the Mrs got home.

She insisted that she wanted to build some of it and she has nicked the crane cab module off me! 😡

She is still at it now, I have had a break after 3 hours on the chassis.

I will just dismantle the cab and rebuild properly when she isn’t here!

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Caught the bug again with the Beetle a few years ago, then the VW camper and the new Mini is waiting on a wet weekend. Asked for Unimog for Crimbo. Discontinued, but available via EBay. Sad, I know, but I honestly find it really therapeutic!

noteeth
    Free Member

This ruled my world, BITD.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Just bought some Lego!’ is closed to new replies.