Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Just Bought KHS DJ 200…need help pleease.
  • newbie831
    Free Member

Hey Just bought this bike, this is my first bike since i was a kid so i am a newbie…I wanna convert it to a single speed, anyone know of any kits? are they bike specific or do the just all work for every bike? … thanks for any help heres the add whith all its got on it and a pic! thanks again for any help on info about the bike ect…Heres the picture

DJ 200

*7005 Series Alloy, Dirt Jumping Frame
    23” top tube length
    15” frame / 28″ standover height
    Disc option

* 100mm Rockshox rebound adjust.

*Hussefect Bars and Stem

*FSA Bash Guard/2 Front Chain Rings/Truvativ Cranks

* Shimano 8 x2 speed shifter/LX Rear Deraillure.

*Matrix 750 Wheels.

* Big-O Marzocchi Bomber 26 x 2.6″ tire.

* Avid V-Brakes.

coatesy
    Free Member

DMR do a fairly comprehensive conversion kit for the rear end, comprises of sprocket, spacers and lockring for the hub, and an adjustable tensioner arm with a PU roller.Ideally, you’d also have a SS specific chainring(deeper teeth so less likely to drop the chain),and possibly a dedicated SS chain(stronger), maybe even a Half-link type(easier to get near the correct length,some bikes take the tensioner to it’s limit), but be aware that some chains are too wide to fit the groove in the tenioner’s roller.

dawson

did you buy it from the states?

newbie831
    Free Member

Thanks for all that info but I dont really understaand it…i guess ill just go into our local bike shop but ive heard theyre a rip off..and yes I bought it where I live in california.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Just Bought KHS DJ 200…need help pleease.’ is closed to new replies.