Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • Just bought a wanga frame
  • m0rk
    Free Member

Half built up, will take out complete tomorrow

Tyre clearance is toight like a tiget

breninbeener

Wow, looks great! Thanks for sharing.

what is the rear tyre and rim? The clesrances look close…..

breninbeener

Argh. Its a Smorgasbord!

m0rk
    Free Member

Don’t know what model the rims are (OEM Alexrims/Merida stuff) but they’re not all that wide.

Much more clearance if you pull the wheel back. Looking forward to chucking it about at QECP in the morning now

Andy-R

flip456 – Member
    I’m liking rockedogs 69er. I currently have some old rc31 forks which might be able to squeeze a 29″ wheel in. Failing that I’ve always fancied some salsa Cro motos, just need to track some down.

Best forks to use would be Singular Hummingbird/Gryphon ones, which are the same apart from the colour. 445mm a/c and, more importantly, 55mm offset to reduce the trail to something sensible with a 29″ wheel and also give a slightly longer front centre to reduce any toe overlap issues.

Anything fitted with them, that has a similar H/A to the Hummingbird, should steer amazingly well, ‘cos the ‘bird does.

epicyclo

Wally – Member
    That’s three of us with slipping rear wheels…

I had that problem too on my Voodoo Bokor. I put it down to the paint going plastic under pressure.

Fixed the problem permanently by spreading the load with larger washers under the bolts.

It was a nice bike, but didn’t get ridden after I got a 29er. Still got the frame in the attic – maybe one day…

On the Wanga keep an eye on the inside of the chainstays near the BB. May crack.

m0rk
    Free Member

Will keep an eye on it – thanks

Took it out for a shakedown this morning, probably shouldn’t have bothered though as it had just finished torrential rain up at QECP

Anyway, rode well, pops up the front nicely

Apologies for the zip ties, I’ve not drilled out the routing yet

ChrisA
    Free Member

I bought one of these as a bit of a whim off ebay too but I’m not sure I’ll use it. If anyone wants a 19″ version for the £100 I paid for it, drop me an email, it’s in my profile.

rp16v
    Free Member

Was going to jump on one of these but got offerd a genesis altitude for £40 cheaper inc headset on the day I was going to press the button.

breninbeener

Looks great!

Thanks for posting!

binners

Looks lovely that. They really are fantastic to ride! Wait til things dry out a bit and head for some swoopy singletrack. Penmachno would be perfect for maximum grin factor.

Enjoy! 😀

amack23
    Free Member

Just bought one of these frames. Had intended to run it with a set of 29er rigid forks I had but due to the long headtube the steerers too short. Would they ride better with 100 or 120mm forks?

kahunajb
    Free Member

What is the consensus on which is better on these frames regards 650b or 26″ wheels?

I’ve bought ChrisA’s frame off him to go single speed mainly on the road/canal paths and can’t decide between these two wheelsets:

One-One Reethard 26″ £79.99
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/WPOOTW26/on-one-reetard-trail-wheelset-26-inch

or

Shimanao WH-MT3 650b £83.54
    http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/shimano-wh-mt35-disc-275650b-mtb-wheel-set/aid:670726?gclid=CNfu_NGm_cMCFWQV7AodkSAAGA

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Might as well do the 650B if your forks can take them.

Would they ride better with 100 or 120mm forks?

They are supposed to have 100mm forks…

Mine has just gone down to my sisters in Brighton who wanted a mtb to ride with her son. Will miss it although I didn’t ride it much.

amack23
    Free Member

Awaiting delivery of some 100mm recons. The frames a fair bit heavier than I was quoted,so it’ll be hard to get a lightish build I think.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Frame is 4.6lbs I think.

The paragons might add a bit of weight.

you don’t notice it when riding though.

amack23
    Free Member

Weighed mine at 5.6lb,was quoted 5.1lb. Have you had any problems with the rear dropouts moving?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

5.6lbs !

I am sure mine was 4.6 – has yours got that extra brace bit at the front.

My dropouts only slipped once when I lent it to a guy who was bigger than me and maybe not so spinny pedalling. I tightened up the bolts and it didn’t slip again.

Mine had a respray from bob jackson though, so the paint wasn’t the original.

amack23
    Free Member

Yeah, has that thick weld by the headtube. Not sure what the idea behind that is. I guess I could save a few grams by rawing the frame. Judging by the comments on the paint it’s gonna end up raw anyway. Having never ridden a steel frame it’ll be interesting to see what difference I’ll find, if any.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

mine must be prior to the CEN stuff…

amack23
    Free Member

Either that or I’ve got the worlds heaviest seatpost collar

breninbeener

Mine is still in its box. I will weigh mine tomorrow

amack23
    Free Member

….. Oh, and by the by, I’ve a large wanga…… 19 inches I believe

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

mine was 18 and no reinforcement by the headtube

amack23
    Free Member

Is the geometry the same I wonder

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

there’s a picture of it a few pages ago, think it is the same.

amack23
    Free Member

[/url][/img]

Almost complete, just need to fit front derailleur. Weighing in around 12.7kg with a heavy wheelset

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Anybody who missed out on the wanga or was inbetween sizes – there’s an 853 Bizango in the classifieds (nothing to do with me…)

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-splitting-voodoo-bizango-853

Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Just bought a wanga frame’ is closed to new replies.