Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)
  • Just bought a wanga frame
  • flip456
    Free Member

My rc31’s are 440 a-c and I would use them but the steerer is just under 200mm. Taking into account the 140mm head tube plus headset and there’s not much room left to fit a stem, approximately 30mm.

flip456
    Free Member

Was fine on my inbred but that only had a head tube length of approx 110mm iirc.

slowjo
    Free Member

Funny how we are all different. I had one, hated it, couldn’t get shot of it quick enough. Same with a Scandal and a Cotic Soul. Wasn’t really happy until I got a Swift, but that is a different kettle of fish!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Funny how we are all different. I had one, hated it, couldn’t get shot of it quick enough. Same with a Scandal and a Cotic Soul. Wasn’t really happy until I got a Swift, but that is a different kettle of fish!

I bought a 26 bizango frame off ebay but then sold it to a guy on here who was looking for a good, zingy, steel frame, but didn’t the the Soul cut it. He loved it – I hope he has done it up as I passed on all the frame decals that Joe Murray posted me when I enquired.

trickydisco
    Free Member

It is strange. I absolutely love the old skool kona’s ever since trying my mates rigid explosif oo er 😉

Other mates have ridden that along with my old djab and hated it. Really didn’t like way it handled

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Mine was delivered today 😀
    But I was out 🙁 ….. have to wait for another day now

trickydisco
    Free Member

mine came yesterday

paint looks amazing! (but yes.. have heard it’s thin)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I had a columbus tubed explosif before the Wanga but changed to the wanga for disc brakes and a longer fork.

The wanga wasn’t quite as composed at the rear in rough stuff as the explosif, but fairly close.

rp16v
    Free Member

Have been eyeing these up myself think I want one but just blew out on a new group set on the full sus

Anyone want to by a kidney? One carefull owner

m0rk
    Free Member

Got mine too, paint is a bit thin (transparent) under the BB

Matters not, as it’ll be pebble dashed soon enough.

I was tempted to helitape it but a) I’m impatient b) not worried if it needs new paint

Wiggle delivery for a BB & Headset tomorrow and I’ll start playing with putting it together

breninbeener

Im 5’8′ wil a medium 18 fit me?

binners

I’m 5’10’ and had a 17″, and found it perfect. I’d go for that rather than the 18″

I’m really really tempted myself. But I really can’t justify another steel hardtail.

I helitaped mine as soon as it arrived so never had issues with the paint quality. Easy enough to do before you build it

breninbeener

Just put an offer in on the 17″

I need another bike like i need a bigger credit card bill…..but the reviews sound ace!

breninbeener

What headset/fork will it take? Im guessing its from a time before taper?

m0rk
    Free Member

1 1/8th straight headset, straight fork steerer

27.2mm seatpost

68mm BB shell

breninbeener

Many thanks!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Its here and its lovely , heavier but soo much prettier than the scandal its replacing 😯
    Bargain of the year …. so far!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Love my D-Jab, its been my “one bike to rule them all” for a few years now. Ran it with 120mm and 150mm forks, but also as a rigid 69er. Sadly selling the frame as I diverging my tastes into a bouncy big mountain machine, and a rigid 29er mile-muncher.

Anyone want to to buy a 20″ titanium beauty?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/btjMLy]DSC_0652[/url] by ir_bandito, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/gd3fsN]P9280005[/url] by ir_bandito, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/dsx32x]PB110044[/url] by ir_bandito, on Flickr

PS – dropouts are available from Halfords – I’ve got the serial number for them somewhere.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I am 5ft 10 and ran an 18inch frame with a 110mm stem and xc riser bars.

17 would have been a bit small, 19 OK with a shorter stem.

Beware that the headtube is quite tall, if you have forks to go in it.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Love my D-Jab, its been my “one bike to rule them all

🙁 I really miss my djab

flip456
    Free Member

I went for a 19″ as I’m 6ft, the tt is slightly shorter than my current 18″ inbred which felt a bit long at times.

waller
    Free Member

Turnerguy – I still have and ride the frame. Single speed and did the Brighton Big Dog on it. Bloody marvellous it is too and is a keeper 🙂 I will get it resprayed but use it too much to send it in to have it done :-/

I emailed voodoo to check the fork length. Got the reply from Joe Murray. My hero!!!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

If we can get a few more pages on here we could rival the Tripster thread – maybe…

Alex

It appears, on reflection, I didn’t like mine much!

breninbeener

Yeay, i have just won a 17″. Now i need some suggestions as to the build….. 🙂

Houns

Another D-Jab lover here

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

100mm Rebas…

Avid Speed Dial Ultimate levers and BB7 brakes 🙂

Titanium seatpost

old Flite gel flow saddle

breninbeener

I have an old Flite Ti saddle that has been waiting for this frame!

eviljoe
    Free Member

Loved my old Bizango

Shame it was a smidge too small for me, and had to go…

Always coveted a Djab. Currently riding a Ti Dialled Bikes Morning Glory- has anyone ridden both and can do a comparison? Love Voodoos, but no point in me exchanging like for like …

breninbeener

I have an old Flite Ti saddle that has been waiting for this frame!

Are these frames Reynolds 631? Or the later inhouse cro-mo?

m0rk
    Free Member

No 631 sticker sadly

breninbeener

Ok, im still excited!

flip456
    Free Member

Heli tape arrived today, so I can start swapping components off the old frame tomorrow whilst the Mrs is at work. Just need to sort something for the kids to do whilst daddy is busy for a couple of hours, hummmm!

m0rk
    Free Member

Had a whole ten minutes to myself, so headset and BB are fitted.

I’ve put my spare fat forks up front just to see what it looks like (and the HA is!) when it’s got tyres on it

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’ve put my spare fat forks up front just to see what it looks like (and the HA is!) when it’s got tyres on it

Pics please 🙂

m0rk
    Free Member

Garage isn’t STW pic abuse friendly, so you’ll have to wait for daylight!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

No 631 sticker sadly

it will be their own steel – ‘black magic’ or something like it. Pretty much the same as 631 I think though.

old review by the muddy moles :

Voodoo Wanga Review

m0rk
    Free Member

Raided the rest of the parts bin, and finished mine off in time for a quick round the block ride

Compared to my other bikes, it’s short up front & short back end with the drop outs pushed forward which makes for manuals & wheelies to be pulled far too easily 🙂

Not much clearance at the back with a Smorgasboard, but I’ve got the fat bike for mud

With 120mm forks on it, the HA is 69degrees, which isn’t too shabby

breninbeener

Sounds fab! Haven’t built mine up yet!

Send pictures!!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Just bought a wanga frame’ is closed to new replies.