Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Just bought a trance x1 2014… I have a few questions
  • cookci
    Free Member

I just bought a brand new 2014 X1 18″ for £1399.99 and have a few questions:

1) It comes with 29 nobby nic 2.25 performance series but I’m used to riding 26″ nobby nic 2.1 pacestar… will I die?

2) There is a chip on the back of the frame about 5mm diameter… is it worth complaining about to the bike shop?

3) When building the bike do I need to Loctite or grease anything?

4) Whats the helitape stuff and where can I get hold of some?

5) Do I still need a chainstay protector (lizard skin) when the mech is a type 2?

DickBarton

No; worth a shot; probably not – unless pedals needed added and then some grease on pedals; online, clean frame, tape on and hairdryer it on; worth putting one on

cookci
    Free Member

Ordered heli tape and waiting to hear back from bike shop regarding chip.

I will get a chain stay protector ordered asap

thanks for your help

andyv
    Free Member

I got one in 2014, love it.

Agree with all DickBarton’s answers.

I little tip, I found you need to be postive with the front end to get it to turn, particularly when at speed downhill. Leaning back and tentatively turning earned me a few visits to trailside undergrowth. Getting over the front and muscling it round keeps speed astonisingly high.

Andy

cookci
    Free Member

sounds good thanks. Excited to put it through its paces

out of interest have you upgraded anything or are all the stock parts pretty good?

cookci
    Free Member

can anybody suggest a decent garage wall mount for the giant? I would like to be able to chain the bike something and get it up from the floor?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Just bought a trance x1 2014… I have a few questions’ is closed to new replies.