Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Just bought a pair of sonos play 1's !!
  • renton
    Free Member

And how good do they sound !!

I posted a thread a while back about the sonos stuff and how I didn’t like the sound of it in currys.

Well I had chance to have a listen to one out of the shop and really liked it so bought the pair of two play 1’s on offer for £299.

Got them home and set up and am well amazed at how they sound.

I’ve had some expensive mission/marantz stuff before and these sound just as good.

Saving for the play bar now !!

Pook

Play 5 + play 1 here. Yes, they’re ace!

Mugboo

Enjoying Ghostpoet on mine right now. Along with google music it has reintroduced music into our home.

Pook

evening Jase – interesting stuff on the battle of bingley

TiRed

3/5/1 here and yes, it brings more music to the house. My only criticism is that the Play 1 will not play quiet enough in the bedroom not to annoy Mrs TiRed when I want to listen to Radio 4 late at night.

And yes, I have some pretty nice hifi to listen to as well, but the Sonos is acceptable sonically and masterful for access.

lowey

Sonos playbar and Sub here… Expensive but dear god… what a sound.

Mugboo

Good evening Chris, yes, interesting times indeed but is a battle really the best idea.. 🙁

andymc06
    Free Member

They are great. I have a one in the kitchen. You can get a pair for £269 direct from Sonos at the moment.

burko73

I’ve got a 5 a 1 a playbar and a connect wired to an old Bose wave radio. Spotified up and love it. Am thinking of an extra play 1 to pair up. I think two play 1 s sound better than the old play 5! Would love a sub, have one on camel camel but not got below £563 yet… They sound amazing.

steviegil
    Free Member

Looking at buying the set too, listened to them in richer sounds last weekend and they were impressive for the size.

Andymc06 – cheapest I can see is £299 for the pair??

BoardinBob

Play 3 owner

It’s amazing how something so simple can be so awesome. Really encourages you to listen to way more music. Plus the sound quality is remarkably good for something with so few bells and whistles. Next up is a soundbar for the living room and Play 1 for the bedroom

thorpie
    Free Member

Pair of Play 3s, pair of Play 1s, Play 1 in the kitchen and a connect hooked up to my midi hi fi, they are ace and fill the house with music!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking you can’t plug anything directly into a Play 1? I’d need to connect a DAB radio

michaelbowden

sharkbait – Member

Am I right in thinking you can’t plug anything directly into a Play 1? I’d need to connect a DAB radio

Why the need to plug the DAB in? Most radio will be found via the Sonos App

the-muffin-man

1st dibs when they appear in the classifieds!

😀

sharkbait
    Free Member

Because I like playing the radio without using an app, so if the phone running the app leaves the house the radio keeps going. I’m old fashioned like that!

vinnyeh

Because I like playing the radio without using an app, so if the phone running the app leaves the house the radio keeps going. I’m old fashioned like that!

The app just kicks the radio off- the station will keep playing as long as the Sonos is on a network- if your phone goes flat/leaves the house etc the radio will keep playing. You can’t change the station, mind….

burko73

But you can pause the feed and restart it with the pause button on t he play 1 3 5 or connect!

thorpie
    Free Member

Don’t think you can plug anything into a Play 1, only the Play 5 has a line in jack and the connect boxes obviously.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Ah OK (that’s quite cool) 🙂

michaelbowden

You can have more than one phone/device connected one time. So if the original phone goes out anyone else can still control it.

wilburt
    Free Member

Got rid of the playbar, found it tiring and the 5 when sortware issues became annoying. I dont have anyway of playing music now but will probably get something from Ruark in the new year.

razorrazoo

wilburt – Member
    Got rid of the playbar, found it tiring and the 5 when sortware issues became annoying. I dont have anyway of playing music now but will probably get something from Ruark in the new year.

Looking forward to getting my R1 for the bedroom to compliment the R4 downstairs.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Looking forward to getting my R1 for the bedroom to compliment the R4 downstairs.

Don’t forget the photos so we can all admire and sing its praises too.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Just bought a pair of sonos play 1's !!’ is closed to new replies.