Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Just bought a Norco Carbon Sight 7 1.5 – looking for some wheel/tyre advice
  • muzza80
    Free Member

As title, just bought a very nice Carbon Sight

http://www.norco.com/bikes/mountain/trail/sight-carbon/sight-carbon-7-15/

It’s not the lightest at just shy of 30lb but neither am I at 14.5 stone!

Anyway, I’d be looking to change the wheelset but not having bought new wheels in some time and never the new 27.5 I’m after some pointers as I’m clearly a bit out of touch.

I like tubeless and ghetto is fine. My last Lapierre I fitted Hope Pro2 Evo’s on Stans flow rims with Conti Mountain King tyres in ghetto tubeless. Most of my riding is trail centre red/black stuff.

Is there anything new that’s particularly worth looking at or am I as well going for the same Pro2’s on Stans “trail” rims again?

And tyres, any recommendations? Something lightish that wont clag up in mud, reasonably fast rolling and up to the job of being run ghetto tubeless?

Thanks!

muzza80
    Free Member

Anyone care to give me any advice, I’d appreciate it.

Cheers.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hi muzza I have a norco too, alas not carbon. I spent ages looking for wheels, went for trace trail on dt Swiss 240s . Love them. Not quite as beefy as flow ex but wider and a little lighter.

scraggy
    Free Member

Mate of mine bought a canyon spectral with mountain kings 2.4 bc protection.these tyres are large volume and seem massive compared to my trail kings 2.2,anyway he loves these tyres more than the high rollers he had before.he’s also running them tubeless with a stans kit and had no problems.should say he’s 16 stones worth so no lightweight

downhilldave

Been looking at American Classic wide lightning lately. Very good weight wise at 1512g, price not too bad. Just have to explain to Mrs Dhd why I need spare wheels 🙄 .Tyres well that’s more difficult. Liking my Ardent/Ikon combo at the moment but don’t know what to try for winter. Have some Hans Damph’s that came with the bike so might try a Magic Mary for the front.Or maybe some Minion/ Hr2 combination.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Just bought a Norco Carbon Sight 7 1.5 – looking for some wheel/tyre advice’ is closed to new replies.