Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Just bought a leaf blower…..Excited!!!!
  • nasher
    Free Member

Not just any leaf blower….a Stihl BR600 “MAGNUM”!!!! Oooooh yeah!

Borrowed one a couple of times and makes an amazing job of clearing the trails……rocks, sticks..and leaves.

Drac

Ok I’ll bite.

Why would you want to clear the trails?

sqweeeezzz
    Free Member

They are also great clearing snow 😈

Jamie
    Free Member

nasher
    Free Member

Trails are in Italy, after the winter the leaves are about 2 ft deep with leaves and debris,fallen branches, trees, rocks etc….

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve got a BR430. They are pretty good, but you need to choose the day to use it carefully. If it’s windy it’s pretty random. I find it easier to control the leaves if they are ever so slightly damp, I blow them into piles, the either blow them, or rake them into a big tarp. We mix them with grass cuttings for compost. They are great for clearing leaves from the drive.

Get good ear protection, our neighbors complain about the noise and they are a quarter of a mile away, and you are operating it on your back.

EDIT trail clearing in Italy WTF?

nasher
    Free Member

I have over 100km to clear, you cant see where the tails go…and believe me you want to see whats underneath..

Brainflex

you need to turn it into a toilet paper gun.

Grimy
    Free Member

Pretty good for drying your bike off, but clearing trails…. 😕

kayak23

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z86V_ICUCD4[/video]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

they do it here in tassie too, sometimes they call it trail building too….

Squidlord
    Free Member

Clearing trails? It must have a very long flex!

nasher
    Free Member

I earn my living out of taking people mountain biking in Italy…imagine alpine trails but techier with steep drops to the side and very tight switchbacks…all in thick decideous woods with a thick 2-3 foor layer of leaves and debris……very difficult to ride.. I wish they were pine trees but alas no.

These trails are over 10 km long….now if it was in the UK then it would be a bit pointless, but its very different here

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Walking a 100km over your mountains, clearing them with a leaf-blower. That is dedication to the craft! Or are you going to pay one of the lads from the village to do it 😉

ivnickkate
    Free Member

ping pong balls 🙂

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I was thinking this would only be worth it if the trails made you money, then you mentioned you do guiding. I use a 600 for my commercial ground maintenance work. You will prob get around 2 hrs on a tank of fuel. One problem you will have is arm ache as the trigger arm is static and gets very sore. They do a handlebar assembly which takes that away, about 80 quid or so for this but worth it.

Ps if you have a dog it’s so funny if they enjoy getting the mag face-on!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

if the air it blew was hot that would be so much more useful,….and kinder on the hemoglobin?

Taff
    Free Member

My dad has one for his garden, he seems to mainly use it in reverse for drying his bikes after washing them 🙄

ransos
    Free Member

Blow leaves into piles. Watch wind redistribute leaves. A perfect demonstration of entropy in action…

whattyre
    Free Member

Those trails are ace….but prob better without leaves

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Just bought a leaf blower…..Excited!!!!’ is closed to new replies.