Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • just been up to Cannock for the racing (pics)
  • rOcKeTdOg

conditions mixed, sun one minute, heavy rain the next turned parts of the course very gloopy, heard one of the marshals say only about 60 people had entered 🙁

pics uploading now

pics will be uploaded here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rocketdog/sets/72157618175232833/

emac65
    Free Member

I asked one of the marshals how many had entered & she said over a 100 had registered but only around 60 had turned up,p’haps the rain put ’em off.She also said the drop off caught a lot of riders out on their first lap.. 😯

weeble
    Free Member

Raced this morning and conditions were difficult to say the least. It’s just tipped it down again so it’s time to break out the mud tyres I think.

Good atmosphere though.

rOcKeTdOg

i took a few pics at the drop, no tumbles seen though and yea, evryone seemed chilled and cheerful despite the conditions

rOcKeTdOg

0091paddy
    Free Member

hugged the left there I think. 😛

snakebite
    Free Member

Great day out, my lad came second in the juniors race, snakenibble according to Ag….LOL

rOcKeTdOg

half the pics downloaded now, keep checking!

neilb67
    Free Member

Was up there today marshalling at the drop…

Only saw one incident but quite a few near misses.. 😯

Shame the rain spoilt the day and even more rain as I left might make it a bit interesting tomorrow

rOcKeTdOg

all pics now downloaded

snakebite
    Free Member
    njee20
    Free Member

What race was this?

snakebite
    Free Member
    njee20
    Free Member

Looks good! Obviously wasn’t that well publicised if they’ve only got 60 riders, and a bit of a shame there’s a Thetford Summer Series race and a Southern XC tomorrow.

rOcKeTdOg

this was nice too

MrsToast
    Free Member

Looks good! Obviously wasn’t that well publicised if they’ve only got 60 riders, and a bit of a shame there’s a Thetford Summer Series race and a Southern XC tomorrow.

Well, it’s a new event, so hopefully there will be more riders as it becomes more established. Think there might have been a few more than 60, not sure what the final numbers were.

Think the main thing that put people off was the weather – if it had been held last week, I think more of the registered riders would have shown up, and there would have been more last minute sign-ups.

It was a great atmosphere though, with everyone determined to do their best despite the mud. Here’s to the next one! \o/

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I was up there on our normal Sunday morning ride – had to keep crossing the course cos our usual route takes us through Tackaroo down the lumpy bit that follows Penkridge Bank Road, so all said and done was actually riding on the ‘circuit’ crashed into some tape and got dragged off my bike cos it wouldnt snap above birches valley so found our selves back on the circuit… I should have won the bloody race the way I was going.. my mate laughed his head off when I nearly garroted myself cos my brakes were fouled up and soaking wet and my tires did not want to grip either so my bike would not even slow down… Big Up to all that entered .. course looked very very heavy indeed.

st

Numbers were higher than 60, although there was a fair few no shows presumably due to the weather.

It was a great event though (I have biased view though) which would be well repeated later in the year, fingers crossed that the organising team can make it happen.

st

Flickr stalled while uploading my pictures, first set of snaps here;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34052411@N07/

snakebite
    Free Member

that should be the new pic for when the site crashes….

Jaybee1978
    Free Member

Liked the format of the seeding races for Sunday’s A and B Finals. Shame the weather put people off and ruined the course.

neilb67
    Free Member

A few more photos from Saturdays qualifying races here

MrsToast
    Free Member

And some more pictures from Saturday here

0091paddy
    Free Member

Hey Mrs Toast, nice pics. Any chance I could have a copy of the picture of me? NPS 038jpg.

patrick_heronAThotmail.co.uk if poss!

Cheers.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘just been up to Cannock for the racing (pics)’ is closed to new replies.