Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Just been to Lee Quarry…
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

My first visit to Lee Quarry, & i was pleasantly surprised by the level of work & attention to detail that has gone into the place.

Ok, IMHO it’s not going to replace a full day out on the hills but for a quick blast & a place to hone your skills it’s a damn good place to play.

As someone who has a fear of heights (or more accurately drops!) some of the sections along the edges of the workings made me feel a bit queasy – certainly concentrates the mind!

Did two laps of the red route – great fun & i may even get airborne on some of the tabletops – but don’t hold your breath!

lowey

Black run is great for handling skills too. I love the place.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Awesome place ain’t it??

Junkyard
    Free Member

agree with all you say but you quickly get used to the drop.
    good fun for some hours riding.
    Next time dry the black run dropping down into the quarry Dont worry the start is the hardest bit.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Didn’t actually find any of the black run – apart from the little section of steep drop-offs to one side of the red run berms just before the steep rocky climb.
    Must have been too busy trying not to kill myself! 😆

lowey

The turn is just after the short climb with the slab at the top along the lip of the quarry. Its signposted and on your right. There is a bit of a rocky qualifier before you drop into the quarry proper. Clear the qualifier second run on sunday… quite please with myself really.

Junkyard
    Free Member

as Lowey said it is a selection of large rocks to enter it you can see (the route down) it as you are riding up past the sand and wooden baracades at the very top part of the quarry it is on you right dropping in. There is a sign post pointing to it as well it is just after the singletrack starts but still up at the top

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Just been to Lee Quarry…’ is closed to new replies.