Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 122 total)
  • just been refused entry to my local tescos……..
  • Jamie
    Free Member

And all you plagiarists keeping the riffraff out of waitrose can cite the late, great Alan Cohen!

It is a well known fact CFH doesn’t write his own material.

jon1973
    Free Member

Even the Dude wore flip-flops – have you no self respect man?

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Is the OP a tramp? Maybe in Tescos getting a good deal on some tramp juice.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Good.

Jamie
    Free Member

Is the OP a tramp? Maybe in Tescos getting a good deal on some tramp juice

Trampagne?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It is a well known fact CFH doesn’t write his own material.

Even when he does, he can’t spell it:

…a fine with…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have no idea what you mean, Darcy…. 😳 (edited…!)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Can’t edit once you’ve been quoted 😛

jon1973
    Free Member

just been refused entry to my local tescos

You’ll still be welcome at Asda, they will let anyone in.

Sandwich

Just as I thought Waitrose are slipping. My local Sainsburys does both Meantime beers and Summer Lightning.

kimbers

lookmanohands is this you?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Next time go in there with the sturdiest footwear you possess, but otherwise naked.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Yawn, heard it all before. Look into it a bit more before you mock 😀

jon1973
    Free Member

Look into it a bit more before you mock

so what is the reason then?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yawn, heard it all before

Really ? How strange …….. I would have thought that one could do one’s shopping without shoes without one being mocked 😕

Still, at least it came as no great surprise to you that this thread turned out to be the subject of some ridicule 8)

thegreatape
    Free Member

In one of the villages near me there’s a bloke who lives semi-rough, up a hill in a tent, and he never wears shoes. All year round, walking through snow and all sorts barefoot (and this is north Scotland). No one really knows where he’s from either.

Goz
    Free Member

But you were allowed in your LBS and you even came into the workshop and I did’nt tread on your hoofs… 😆

RustySpanner

If you mean Alan Coren, I miss him too.
    But his daughter is very funny as well, and much better looking.

sugdenr
    Free Member

I went to my local Tesco without shoes last summer, presumably nobody noticed because I wasnt stopped.

Did get booted out of Carrefour in France though. The cheese eating surrender monkeys never even give a non-specific ‘its elf and safety mate’ reason they just say ‘its the rules’. You think UK is obsessed with rules, despite popular belief the french are rules mad.

Although, cant blame then, I would stop a barefooted pikey like me from entering.

konabunny
    Free Member

I just bought shares in Tesco because of their decision to bar manky shoeless types from their shops.

aracer
    Free Member

Yawn, heard it all before.

So why exactly did you start a thread just to hear it all again?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So why exactly did you start a thread just to hear it all again?

This guy was smarter……instead of starting a thread, he went to the Daily Mail and had pictures of himself published so that he could impress his mates. They probably bunged him a few bob too.

Now Tesco bans shoppers from its supermarkets… for not wearing shoes

aracer
    Free Member

Ah, so the OP is just a cheap copycat.

konabunny
    Free Member

It’s PC gone mad! You couldn’t make it up! We’re going to hell in a handcart!

jon1973
    Free Member

You think UK is obsessed with rules, despite popular belief the french are rules mad.

Is it anything to do with rules? more just common decency really – people generally don’t want to see other peoples dirty, smelly feet in a supermarket. The H&S argument was just a polite way of telling him that.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

When I went to Nz(where Mrs Curtis is from) I was initially appalled that everyone was walking around barefoot in the supermarket,shops etc. But after spending a hot day at the beach there was no greater pleasure than walking on the cold floors of the local supermarket. However, in winter, in the UK is just wrong.

molgrips
    Free Member

‘ang on.. if a shopper runs over your feet with a trolley and you have no shoes on – surely it would be impossible to pin it on Tesco?

bassspine
    Free Member

I don’t understand what’s so horrible about feet. Some people seem insanely scared of them. If it’s the dirt they may have stood on that you’re worried about, how come you’re prepared to allow shoes in the shop?

muddy_bum
    Free Member

Look out!!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Is it anything to do with rules? more just common decency really – people generally don’t want to see other peoples dirty, smelly feet in a supermarket.

Why would they be smelly? Don’t you wash?
    As for dirty, well they’re going to be no more dirty that shoes, and people don’t freak out at them in shops.

Some people just seem to have some odd hangups about feet. Me, I’d be more concerned with all the piss and shit covered hands that have previously groped the goods you’re about to put in your shopping trolley.

Stoner
    Free Member

If you mean Alan Coren, I miss him too.

Android autocorrect innit. Jewish conspiracy?

And Ms Coren, oh yes.

mattythemod
    Free Member

I can understand why (being a tesco manager) we had a customer 4 weeks ago came in with flip flops on and walked into one of our cages,it was a metal cage with the edges exposed, was a nasty accident took the end of her toe clean off, ive never seen so much blood from a toe, made me feel sick really ill.

She is claiming as they usually do, not an incident i would like to see again.

Do you think its sensbile to have metal cages with exposed edges on the shop floor then ?

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Feet smell from being in shoes, shoes make you feet sweaty and this in turn promotes the growth of bacteria and hey presto cheesy feet. :D. How can flip flops ‘protect’ your feet? If someone runs over my feet with a trolley, its gonna hurt like well whatever I’m wearing. Perhaps they should ban trolleys or people in supermarkets?

roper
    Free Member

You don’t have to wear shoes for H&S. You have to wear shoes because everybody else does. You have to be just like them or they get scared.

konabunny
    Free Member

Do you think its sensbile to have metal cages with exposed edges on the shop floor then ?

Make the world safe for people to go barefoot, you mean?

Stoner
    Free Member

Feet smell from being in shoes

Woolen/Merino socks.
    Leather soles and uppers.
    = no smell.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Why don’t you get some Vibram 5-Fingers?

Everyone will still think you’re weird but at least you’re wearing shoes.

aracer
    Free Member

Woolen/Merino socks.
    Leather soles and uppers.
    = no smell

Not with my feet (though that may be too much information!)

BermBandit
    Free Member

Man who rejects social norms objects to being rejected by society shocker.

Live by your own rules but don’t be shocked when others disagree with you, as you are somewhat outnumbered by token of your own choice.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Make the world safe for people to go barefoot, you mean?

Someone I know who once went to Waitrose, reckons they have wall-to-wall carpet – is it true ?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘just been refused entry to my local tescos……..’ is closed to new replies.