Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Just been paid? How about sponsoring 401 Ben?
  • franksinatra

Lots of people ask for sponsorship for various events. Every now and again though there is a truly exceptional person undertaking an exceptional challenge.

Ben Smith is now two days away from completing 401 back to back marathons in 401 days. He did need a few days off a couple of months ago as he could barely walk due to illness and injury but has been making up the distance ever since.

All donations are to Kidscape and Stonewall.

the whole way through he has been spreading the anti bullying message in schools and inspiring people to get out running, over 500 people have run their first marathon with Ben since he started this and over 1200 have run further than they have ever run before.

It is not often I sponsor someone I don’t know but Bens effort is epic, and so well deserving.

salad_dodger

This deserves a bump. Wife and i ran with him about 10 days ago and it was a fantastic experience as he’s a top bloke.

franksinatra

Bump bump bumpety bump

csb

Where do we sponsor him?

carlos
    Free Member

Link to the 401 page and you can donate there –

Home

The running club my wife is in have ran with him a couple of times whilst he’s been doing the challenge. When he did Macclesfield to Lyme Park and some, one of the group had him round for dinner (he might have even stayed the night) and they had a raffle for the additional seats at the table.

He is a great guy, so motivated and an inspiration to all that have ran with him, certainly in the Harriers anyway.

franksinatra

Last day of his challenge today, great time to sponsor.

ransos
    Free Member

My wife ran with him yesterday!

turboferret

He did the Bournemouth marathon on Sunday, I think I was in a photo with him at the start, although I haven’t managed to track it down. Seemed a really nice guy and a good cause.

Cheers, Rich

franksinatra

His warm down routine from this challenge is nuts. By his own admission their is no evidence to follow so they are making it up as they go along but the current plan is one month of half marathons every day, then a month of 10km’s then a month of 5km’s!

fisha
    Free Member

Why such a big warm down routine. What would be the issue with cutting it down too a wee jog immediately ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Just been paid? How about sponsoring 401 Ben?’ is closed to new replies.