Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Just been offered a job in Paris…
  • WaywardRider
    Free Member

I’ve been offered banking job in Paris – do I really want to live there I wonder. I’ve worked in Europe before and not always enjoyed the experience. Was wondering if anybody had experienced Parisian life as a resident and what their thought’s on the place are?

jambalaya
    Free Member

There was a thread recently. A few Parisienne posters on here. I have been spending a lot of time here recently for various reaons, my wife is French.

Are you used to living in a big city
    Do you speak French and/or are you prepared to learn
    International company or French
    Based where

I have lived and worked abroad a bit over the past 30 years, wish I’d done more actually. Takes me a while to settle but I have always learnt something and you start to understand a country when you live and work there.

Older STW thread

Email in profile, I am sure Mrs B will be happy to speak to you if you want to ask questions of a local or myself for a Brit perspective, fwiw I am in banking / finance / asset management foo

ElShalimo

I’ve been to Paris about 100 times in last 15 yrs, usually 3-4days per trip. My colleagues complain about everything. The heat, rent, traffic, Metro, Vélib, lack of fruit & veg, the list goes on and on.
    However they still live there so being there must outweigh the day to day crap. As a business traveller or tourist it looks great but the commute into town is a killer unless you’ve got serious money and live centrally.

scaredypants

<Bofs in the general direction of the OP>

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Where do you live now? Basingstoke , for example…. I know what I would do.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Just been offered a job in Paris…’ is closed to new replies.