Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Just been meditating
  • tobyho
    Free Member

Namaste

I have been meditating twice a day now since the start of the year. It’s great.

I use the Headspace app. Anyone else meditate ?

jambourgie
    Free Member

Try to. I find it hard though so would appreciate any tips.

I’ve been doing yoga for a couple of years which has a similar type of effect. Life changing for me.

tobyho
    Free Member

I cant really give any tips as I have just started. Cant even say I am actually meditating to be honest – but I am enjoying trying..

As is said I use the headspace app on my phone. It is guided meditation based, I think, on Zinzen meditation. Which is a Japanese meditation practice where you focus on your breathing.

You can find out and try the app for free here – http://www.getsomeheadspace.com/

T

jambourgie
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ll check that. Though my phone is ancient so I dunno about ‘apps’ 🙂

I sometimes get my best results when I’m out running/biking, find somewhere to sit, concentrate on one spot and try and empty my mind. I guess it’s easier after the physical exertion. A bit like Shavasna at the end of a yoga practice.

tobyho
    Free Member

Yep. To me one of the points of meditation is to be in the ‘now’. Aware and happy to be in the present – not to have the past or future in your mind at all. This is what riding bikes is occasionaly like.. You have to be in the ‘now’. So there is a kinda link, to me..

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What tyres for medication?

bikebouy
    Free Member

“If you wannna be the best, ya gotta beat the rest, meditations what you neeeeeed”

Ahem 😀

lilchris
    Free Member

<insert joke about masturbation>

slackalice
    Free Member

Ive found its been a case of trial and error to find something that silences my chattering mind. Practice is good and I’m still by no means competent. I found Reiki very helpful for me for a while. Mrs Slack asks herself “Where is my next thought coming from?”

Bike riding and skiing are certainly activities for me where I can be purely in the moment, in a different way to meditation. I find both extremely beneficial and energising.

Oh Woppit, as you ask. Fat Albert for your suppositories 😉

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Meditation will never replace the burpee !

pfffft !!

or a proper days hard work either !!! 😀

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

speaking as an old fart , why do people need apps for meditation, or a range of other uses ?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I found Reiki very helpful for me for a while.

Why did it stop being helpful? Did the Reiki-ist start waving his/her hands about at the wrong speed to vibrate properly with your chapatis, sorry, chakras? 😆

slackalice
    Free Member

😀

Experience tells me that I shall not be biting, no matter how well you dress the bait 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Om.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Meditation sounds very useful, but I’ve never had much luck with it. Will download the headspace thing once I’ve finished ogling ^

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

use this and so far found it great, and I find it hard to relax

http://www.themeditationpodcast.com

kudos100
    Free Member

I did half hour of sitting meditation every day during january and it made a big difference to my state of mind. February wasn’t so good, but I’m still managing 2-3 times a week.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Just been meditating’ is closed to new replies.