Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Just been given an iPhone – so what are ‘the’ apps to get!?
  • the-muffin-man

As title, I’ve been given an iPhone with my new job, and its a cracking piece of technology!

Just need as many hints and tips as you can give me, and what are the best (preferably free!) apps.

Also, I’ve set up two email accounts on it – one my personal GoogleMail the other a work one. Is there any way to lock the GoogleMail one so no-one can access the emails on that account?

Cheers!

dave_aber
    Free Member

Download wobble. Hours if immature fun.

jester
    Free Member

Try the zippo lighter, totally pointless but free!!

varzi
    Free Member

iboobs

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think there’s one that you can swing it around your head and it sounds like a light sabre.

I also think the one for working out the colour codes on resistors is pretty cool as it the spirit level one.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

ipint
    shazam
    imapmyride
    iosmaps
    urbanspoon

tyke
    Free Member

If you’re into puzzles try Blocked and Sudoku. LastFM and TV Guide UK are good and also free.

richpips
    Free Member

Remote
    TwitterFon
    Darkslide
    Ebay
    DOFM
    Flashlight

AndyPaice
    Free Member

iShoot is a great game 🙂

google earth is good. a2z pro unit converters is useful. Grid can give you a reasonably accurate OS NGR.

There’s all sorts, spend an hour or so in the app store 🙂

Poindexter
    Free Member

Get iChalky…

iChalky

And then learn to dance like him.

samuri
    Free Member

WHat I’ve kept after many hours of trying and deleting….

facebook
    lastFM
    bbc reader
    wifinder
    lightbike
    bejeweled
    skijump
    Bskies (this is a great game)
    Motochaser (the motorbike one on the iphone adverts)
    ichess
    low grav
    cambio
    bookz
    iOSMaps
    touchterm
    RDP
    Net Utility

I keep nipping back everynow and again to see what’s around.

Just installed Tower, not sure if I like it or not. Topple is probably better.

DrJ

BubbleWrap

MussEd
    Free Member

iFart
    PullMyfinger

duntmatter
    Free Member

There’s one that gives you the interface/menus from star trek next generation.
    Make it so!

jam-bo

qype radar is good if you travel a lot and need to find decent places to eat
    myrail lite is good for live train times
    iOSmaps is a good concept but doesn’t really work that well.
    iHandy Level is pretty handy.
    paypal and ebay apps are good.
    ithougts is good if you do any mind-mapping/planning type things.
    airsharing is good for sharing files etc.

CountZero

Wikiamo, Stanza and Ereader, the iPhone is brilliant for ebooks, and there’s loads of free classic stuff around as well as paid for stuff, WeatherPro, Tube Deluxe, Genius, which is a better camera app than the standard one, Camerabag, Wordbook, WunderRadio, Tioti TV+, Flixter, FreeMemory, iPhone the Missing Manual, London Mini AtoZ, Clinometer…
    There’s plenty more but those are ones I’ve found useful. The camera is better than it appears, and apps like Camerabag and Photogene, Photolab and SPPhotofix let you sharpen, alter colour and contrast and crop in the phone, then you can upload directly to Facebook, (another free app), and Flikr, via Mobile Fotos. There’s loads on there, plus you can set shortcuts to your homepage from webpages; I’ve got several including STW, Megatokyo and Metcheck. Brilliant device, and I’d recommend a pair of Ultimate Ears SuperFi 4Vi phones as well. They’ve got a mic on, plus pause and answer button, along with the best sound I’ve ever heard from in-ear phones. I got mine from earphonesolutions.com. They’re $124 but worth every last cent!

jam-bo

i found the easiest way to upload to flickr is to email it. go to your userpage and they give you a unique email to send photos to. I just added it as a contact. takes a couple of seconds.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Just been given an iPhone – so what are ‘the’ apps to get!?’ is closed to new replies.