Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Just been diagnosed with Leukaemia
  • hazza123
    Free Member

Never a good thing to hear, all the best with the recovery

ontor
    Free Member

Good friend had exactly that. She is now back to normal and you’d never know the difference. If anything she’s quicker now…

jamj1974

Wishing you all the best OP!

ninkynonk
    Free Member

Keith, very sad news

For my sins I’m a Tranmere Rovers supporter, one of our players was diagnosed with the same last year and he’s back playing professional football within a year.

Not quite the same story as Lance but fingers crossed you’ll be back doing those marathons and 100+ mile rides soon

cheers

anagallis_arvensis

Good luck, stay strong, dont know what else to say. If a bunch of stw bullshitters and work avoiders can help, be sure to ask.

muppet4
    Free Member

Not leukaemia directly, but I can relate to you.
    My 2 year old son was diagnosed with Langahan Cell Hystiocytosis at the start of the year -25 cases a year. He has been having chemotherapy since then and is currently having it daily with a larger dose every 3 weeks. He has a drug (amongst a cocktail of others) that is also used for leukaemia and will keep having it for at least the next year or so.
    He has had numerous blood transfusions due to his platelet count and regularly stays in hospital.
    Macmillan have been great for him too.

Basically the drugs are working and I have seen an improvement I only prayed for.
    As obvious as it sounds, when it gets tough, look at your 2 year old and keep going for them, you WILL get through it.
    I wish you the best of luck to you and your family.

athgray
    Free Member

The wife is a haemeo oncology nurse, and the MIL was diagnosed and beat leukaemia about 10 years ago. Stay positive, people will do all they can. Good luck.

andyl
    Free Member

Shit 🙁

Fingers crossed for you

thered

Good luck, You can do it.

garage-dweller

No advice whatsoever but best of luck with the treatment and I hope it’s not too disruptive to enjoying your ongoing daily family life (the twos are great!).

piemonster

I’ve nothing useful to add.

But good luck fella, get it beat.

scaredypants

Best of luck with this Keith, and everyone else who’s going through similar times.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

All the best Keith.

andybanks
    Free Member

I wish you the best of luck for a speedy recovery.

But honestly, from reading how positive you are about it all, it’ll be your attitude that pulls you through this. You’ve got the right outlook and I’m sure all will be well.

Keep your head down and fight one battle at a time and before you know it you’ll have the all clear.

Good luck!

Philby

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis and best wishes for a swift and full recovery!

Hopefully you won’t need this, but should your circumstances lead to financial difficulties, for example through having to be off work for a long period of time, Macmillan have a partnership scheme with Citizens Advice which can help ensure you and your family get the appropriate financial support during your illness which will enable you to focus on getting better rather than becoming more stressed due to your changed financial circumstances.

33tango

Nothing to add but a hearty, warm “good luck fella!”. Its a new challenge and you’re gonna win.

Alphabet

Nothing useful to add so I’d just like to wish you good luck with the treatment and keep posting on here.

caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

All the best for you mate.

senorj

bugger. get well soon.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Whip it’s arse until it leaves and loses the keys. All the best fella.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Thanks again everyone, yep a new challenge for sure. I was just saying to the wife this’ll be the thing to kick me up the arse and get me really fit again. Been a slack ish couple of years really with the little one and a house renovation but still managed, amongst other bits and pieces, the RatRace coast to coast last year and a 3 Peaks Yacht Race this year all be it very slowly! We think it was just starting\lingering then, I hadn’t trained enough as I’d been ill on the run up to it and it took ages to shake the bug but I really struggled far more than I expected. I felt so guilty for my running partner as I held him up so much, but we finished which was the main thing.

I can’t imagine how you guys get through it with your kids, bdg, muppet4 and anybody else. I really don’t think I’d be coping so well if it was him. You guys have my utmost respect for keeping positive and your well wishes as well as everybody else’s really do mean a lot. Hope your kids kick their conditions too and lead a full and happy life.

In the grand scheme of things it sound like I’ve got it easy and should be absolutely fine.

I’ve always donated whole blood and for several years I went almost every month and donated platelets too and have always raised cash with my events for hospices and cancer charities having been affect by it with family. I had to call the blood people the other day to get them to take me off their list but I know for sure I’ll be back doing events again and doing my best to raise a much cash as I can for those important causes.

noteeth
    Free Member

All the best to you.

olddog

All the best man.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Not sure if it helps but I had testicular cancer at 29 and then I had malignant melanoma (skin cancer) at 44 and I’m still here and still doing most of the stuff I used to do. Most of the stuff I can’t do is more to do with being 49 with a busy job and a family rather than having been ill!

At times it’ll be hard to keep upbeat so it’s OK to be angry or cry because it’s important to remember you’ve been dealt a shit hand so these emotions are OK.

Best wishes.

29erKeith
    Free Member

cheers, it’s a life long thing no permanent cure but very effective drugs to keep it in remission permanently hopefully, but sound like the affects will be pretty minimal once we’re there

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Just been diagnosed with Leukaemia’ is closed to new replies.