Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Just been dealt my first internet fraud blow.
  • ShercoSteve
    Free Member

And it was from the classifieds on here!

I’ve bought roughly 10 items from the classifieds with no problems in the past until I try to buy an item from user name- quincy on here real name Anthony Savill from Isleworth, London.

I paid using bank transfer to his Santander bank account as he doesn’t use paypal he said he would post in a couple of days, fair enough.

He then informs me the courier company is returning the item to him and he doesn’t know why, which happens a few times. He then offers me my money back to which I accept so he will refund when he gets paid supposedly last Wednesday.

Anyway, no money recieved back and now he’s ignoring all my emails.

Anyone know this fella or bought from him in the past? He works in a bike shop apparently.

So just a warning to everyone using the classifieds, watch what your doing, the fewer people getting away with stealing our hard earned the better in my view.

donsimon
    Free Member

There could be many reasons why he’s not returning mails, on holiday, in hospital. You’ve only waited a couple of days, no? Wednesday to Saturday isn’t much time.
    Hope it ends well.

cynic-al
    Free Member

What my middle aged buddy said.

I guess that kind of thing happens when folk only use the place to buy/sell stuff?

ShercoSteve
    Free Member

It’s only been a couple of days I suppose, but from loads of emails to get me to pay then **** all once he has my cash and told me he’s not sending the item.

He has contributed on the forum not just selling stuff which made me think he would be ok.

I’ll go back to buying on ebay I think, slightly more chance of getting your money back if it all goes pear shaped.

donsimon
    Free Member

He has contributed on the forum not just selling stuff which made me think he would be ok.

That shouldn’t be too much of a surprise, once the forum sages decided to tell the world which sellers were valued and which were not, it wouldn’t have taken long for the shysters to post a few times on the forum to build up trust. They’re called confidence tricksters for a reason. I sincerely hope you get it sorted, I believe wholeheartedly in trusting people. I bought something from someone here, it went missing and ping-ponged between Spain and UK for a couple of weeks, eventually it arrived, no problem. Give it a bit more time.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

But you haven’t. Does that make you not OK?

psychle
    Free Member

Quincy’s history doesn’t look like that of a fraudster… reckon you’ll be fine, some folk (me included sometimes 😳 ) are just hopeless at replying to a ‘low priority’ email if life is busy, amazing how a week can slip by without you noticing!

ShercoSteve
    Free Member

True but I’m not selling on here just buying.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Just been dealt my first internet fraud blow.’ is closed to new replies.