Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • just back from sri lanca
  • yetirose
    Free Member

just back from sri lanka ,first holiday in years, an absolutely wonderful place, one of the high points for me was to borrow a really ancient mountain bike (started to fall to bits on the return journey)and rode it along a dusty coastal track next to the Indian ocean , through a fishing village where i got mobbed by kids asking for bon bons (sweets) i was prepared for this and took even more sweets with me than i usually do at home,happy kids,i sat on a beach in the middle of nowhere just taking in everything about the place , didnt take long for some one to spot me and next thing ime being shown how to catch crabs in the sand and how to fish with them , line hook and a coconut shell to bury in the sand for when the tide comes in . I carried on up the coast for a bit longer then started to head back for home , all the time getting waved at by the local folks on bikes and mopeds. this will stick with me as one of my most memorable bike rides, very very basic right back to when i first started biking feel to it . looking forward to my home trails now , cheers .

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Sounds wonderful mate. Never really considered it as a holiday location until I saw it on Rick Steins Asian Odyssey programme. Looked amazing. Sounds amazing.

Back to reality now though fella 😥

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Where are the pics then? sounds like a cool place! It was similar in MOrocco with the kids chasing us around! Brilliant, especially since I was handing out nutrigrain bars 😉

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We got married in Sri Lanka about 10 years ago, on the back of an elephant!

Wonderful place and wonderful people.

donald
    Free Member

You must have got special dispensation then. When we were in Sri Lanka we were told that women shouldn't ride elephants because it was disrespectful to the elephant!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘just back from sri lanca’ is closed to new replies.