Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Just arrived in Morzine…
  • mark85xc
    Free Member

…and for some reason it’s 30 degrees and rainforest humidity :s.

Anyway, anyone else on the forum out here, or recently come back? How are the trails?

ChrisE
    Free Member

will be riding through there on Sunday. Hope it drys up a bit! Been checking out the weather this week and I thought it was warm, dry, sunny there at the mo…??

C

allthegear
    Free Member

The weather is amazing and the trails are dusty. Can’t ask for more!!!

Rachel

mcboo
    Free Member

I have a pink ticket this weekend and so does a mate who lives in Geneva, thinking about joining him for 2 days in Morzine…..going to be 37c Sunday in the shade! Too scorchio…..

legend
    Free Member

How are the trails?

er?! you’re the one there, go find out 🙄

mcboo
    Free Member

How is bike hire? If I go I doubt I take a bike, am I just going to be able to show up Sat morning and get something decent?

oopnorth
    Free Member

I hired a bike a few weeks back when I was there. Loads of shops with loads of options, Orange, Santa Cruz etc.

About 80 – 90 Euros per day, I got a Santa Cruz Driver 8 which was great! Sounds expensive but when you factor the cost of buying a bike bag, spares etc plus you don’t have to build your bike up for packing, it’s not too bad a price.

mcboo
    Free Member

Neither of us ridden Morzine before, we’ll get some uplift but really like to find some good up and down trails and cover some ground rather than go up and down a bike park, are things fairly well marked for that kind of thing?

We’ve got 2 days, staying in Geneva, have wheels. Should we do 2 days in Morzine or worth splitting with a day in Les Gets/Chamonix/other?

nickjb
    Free Member

Les Gets is linked to Morzine. For two days I’d stay in the area. Maybe do the the PdS tour VTT for one day and some of the big loops round the back of Les Gets on day 2. Both pretty well marked and easy to follow using the free map. Plenty of down and enough up and lots of miles covered.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Just arrived in Morzine…’ is closed to new replies.