Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • just aquired an 2005 orange patriot 7+ frame …. inspire me with builds please
  • teddy
    Free Member

or other patriots/ alpine 160’s etc. not sure which way to build it – xc or play bike.

also, if anyone has a link to the geometry for a 2005 model it would be much appreciated!

mamadirt
    Free Member

There you go!. Geometry on page 11.

mikey74
    Free Member

Build it as a mini dh bike – it’ll be wasted as an xc bike.

teddy
    Free Member

thanks mamadirt! spot on

xiphon
    Free Member

flow
    Free Member

The new Patriots are so damn good looking

GaryBanham
    Free Member

I’ve just agg’d a deal with a guy for one too and cant wait to build it up so cheers for the pics 🙂

mandog

[/url] DCP_3634

molgrips
    Free Member

Mine is a 2007 7+ with the ‘xc’ build. It’s got Marzocchi 66 SLs with wind down, an air shock, Sunn Singletrack wheels, Race Face atlas cranks, Thomson stuff, Hope V2s and is used as an XC bike for rides in the big mountains. It weighs 30.5lbs and climbs perfectly well but is in a different class to my other bikes on the way down.

I take it to trail centres because the larger tyres, slacker position, wider bars, better brakes allow me to hammer the singletrack and descents much more quickly and hence with more grins. I still take it round local loops too. If it were’t for XC racing (not that I’ve done any for ages) I’d seriously consider it as an only bike.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘just aquired an 2005 orange patriot 7+ frame …. inspire me with builds please’ is closed to new replies.