Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Just about to go mountain biking – first time in 2 years
  • tinybits
    Free Member

**** you bad back and spinal operations, I’m back stronger, leaner, fitter fatter, slower, weaker than before and I’m going to wheeze at those trails, just you wait and see.

Here’s hoping the back holds out, can do without another 2 years off!

dan86
    Free Member

Best of luck, and have fun 😀

tinybits
    Free Member

Back after an easy 10miles with 1500ft of climbing. I’m shit, slow and scared, but I can’t stop grinning! Quit pleased I moved to a place with shed loads of single track on the doorstep now!

PJM1974
    Free Member

That’s pretty good going after two years out.

You’ve earned a beer, I’m sure!

kristoff
    Free Member

Well done that man! Have a celebratory beer.

Mackem

Cool. Good luck.

matt_outandabout

Are we back yet? I am on the edge of my seat!

timidwheeler
    Free Member

Congratulations and welcome back! Glad you had a great ride.
    Sorry to hear about your tiny bits.

tinybits
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member
    Are we back yet? I am on the edge of my seat!

Already re-posted – yep, 10 miles of nice quarries, woodland singletrack and a bit of boggy shite in the middle. I’m officially a pansy rider now, but it’ll come back once the confidence in my bionic back starts to build.

Sorry to hear about your tiny bits.

Thanks, it’s not too bad and the wife’s finally stopped laughing!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Welcome back

Don’t forget to update your wardrobe to a contemporary enduro colorway. And you’ll be needing some of these new tapered through axle dropper 675B+ gravel wheels.

ahsat

Nice one. Enjoy 🙂

tinybits
    Free Member

Don’t forget to update your wardrobe to a contemporary enduro colorway. And you’ll be needing some of these new tapered through axle dropper 675B+ gravel wheels.

Ha, I could do with some clothes that still fit to be honest – they are all a little snug around the waist! Think I’ll stick to my ‘murdered out’ black and more black as I feel a little less like an utter tit in them!

I will admit to looking at a new bike last night, my 26″, non tapered headset, 2×10 (upgraded in 2013 from 3×9 and ridden for the for time last night!) with qr front and back was certainly slowing me down, the trails felt dead…

Bunnyhop

Brilliant.
    Confidence will come back, as will fitness. The great feeling of being on a bike never goes away.

Rscott
    Free Member

Don’t worry the flex in the bike that the tapered steerer, and bolt thurs takeaway the bigger wheels add straight back in, by having 11/8th and oq your counter balancing it by having normal wheels.

Thus meaning the trails willfeel the same.

have fun and take your time the bionic nus will hold upto alot,(bionic shoulder convert)

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I will admit to looking at a new bike last night, my 26″, non tapered headset, 2×10 (upgraded in 2013 from 3×9 and ridden for the for time last night!) with qr front and back was certainly slowing me down, the trails felt dead…

😀

Good on you for getting back out.

I had a break for a couple of years and went into an LBS as I quite fancied a new frame as an incentive to get back into to it. Basically I was told that ‘ALL’ my components would be obsolete. I never listened and bought a nice frame off of here. However, once I went out on the trails I dicovered I had turned into a slow(er) , heavier, mincer. How I wish I had listened to the LBS as he told me it would bring the trails to life and improve my strava or something times. I bet he’s having the last laugh. 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Just about to go mountain biking – first time in 2 years’ is closed to new replies.