Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Just a few pics of my bike (Genesis Core 40)
  • muckytee
    Free Member

Here are a few pics of my Genesis core 40 in 19″ bought it in the back end of September, has seen a few upgrades since.

Avid Elixir 5 brakes
    XT Shifters
    Easton Haven 711 bars
    Nukeproof 50mm stem
    Steve Peat grips and grip docs
    Nukeproof Proton Pedals
    Hope seat clamp
    Hope Rear Skewer
    Hope F headset
    Hope Bash-guard
    Middleburn 36t ring on double and bash set-up with shimano 22t
    Sram 991 chain

Shorty121
    Free Member

Nice bike. Like the bottom picture

DarrenH

Very nice! 🙂

dawson

Grass needs cuttingDo you live in an office?

Nice bike BTW!..

muckytee
    Free Member

Cheers 🙂

Always so gray/dark outside, so used an empty office room, courtesy of someone I know, to take some pictures. I don’t work in an office BTW, let alone live in one :O

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Nice bike, really well done pic’s

gordy90lpg
    Free Member

Nice bike just bought one , why did u change the brakes ? Just wondering !

muckytee
    Free Member

Cheers, The levers felt flimsy and rubbish, lack of power too, then I flew over the bars and broke the right hand lever so that was the reason I replaced the whole set (could have fixed it but didn’t because of reasons above)

Wen’t for Avids since I love their lever feel, and you can’t take Shimano brakes apart and get spare seals for a good service. Should have got Hopes really 😛

Headset on them isn’t great, make sure you take it apart and put plenty of greased into those caged bearings. My headset rusted and died after a month.

I would recommend a full take apart grease, that’s what I am doing on mine ATM just got the front hub to go. 🙂

gordy90lpg
    Free Member

Interesting info there , been out 3. Times but whenever in mud brakes start juddering thru lever like a warped rotor , take it home clean them and there fine again ! Had a core 10 before done same routes but had no trouble with that !
    Will c if I can sus out how to grease headset cheers !

muckytee
    Free Member

I remember a pulsing sensation in the levers with a “ffrrrr” sound in the wet from my brakes 😕 They were on for about a week. Maybe pick up some XT’s general consensus is that they are nicer than my elixir 5s and you won’t need rotors or centrelock adapters like I did.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Just a few pics of my bike (Genesis Core 40)’ is closed to new replies.