Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Jury Service?
  • scruzer
    Free Member

Just been summonsed… Any one done this and what was it like for you?Cheers in advance

d45yth
    Free Member

I quite enjoyed it, was only there a week though. It was a bit of change for me but I did spend a small fortune on shopping and dinners…seeing as the courts were just off the city centre.

allthepies
    Free Member

I enjoyed it but it’s an eye opener on how much money must get wasted spent on the justice system.

Kuco

Did it years ago and found it pretty boring.

Klunk
    Free Member

1 month fraud trial, mornings only, was tedious in the extreme.

swampi
    Free Member

It depends on whether you get a good case, I did 1 days work in 2 weeks, thank god for my internet tablet, watched loads of films, but the lot after me got on a 8 week trial 🙁

Muke
    Free Member

Got on a 4 month case and loved every minute of it.

enfht
    Free Member

Never been asked, which must make me either a convict a priest or mentally insane.

ph0010421
    Free Member

I had a brilliant 1-week case. As pies said, it opens your eyes to cost of justice (if indeed it has a price)

Hells

Been called 3 times. Managed to get out of it twice due to exams , etc.!!! Total time sitting waiting / reading / twiddling thumds, 6 days. Total time on jury, 30 mins (defedent changed plea). Verdicts delvered, as instructed by judge, 1!
    Hope to never be called again!!

Terra

Hated every minute of it. Two weeks wasted.

samuri
    Free Member

Never been called but half my wifes family have. Not sure why they get chosen a lot. My father in law attended a murder trial, my neice a rape trial.

They do live in Birkenhead though.

steviedog
    Free Member

Got called up a couple of years ago.

Went into a trial and saw the bloke in the dock and thought ‘I recognise him’. Sat down and listened to the defendant’s details. He was only one of my neighbours!

Had to signal the attention of the judge and get the jury changed.

Was mostly boring though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Jury Service?’ is closed to new replies.