Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Jurassic World – Gun Question (possible spoliation)
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

Fairly clearly, shooting the larger predatory dinosaurs with a Marlin Model 1895SBL does not work brilliantly.

What is your weapon of choice for dinosaur containment?

I am troubled by this essay, which recommends the Marlin as “adequately powerful for all of the world’s large predators within the range limitation of their cartridges“. It’s clearly a pretty solid dangerous game gun – it’s not obvious that anything else is in a different class for stopping a gigantic beast before it starts eating the beautiful ginger lady and the photogenic children…

Do we just need more choppers and the ability to stand off and take safer shots at more range?

Thoughts please people – we need this situation under control before more innocents die.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

stewartc
    Free Member

You really didn’t like this film did you, just let it lie and move on (your lucky, I went to see San Andreas).

Anyway, for a large beast such as your genetically modified dinosaur, you would need something more powerful than a traditional hunting rifle, something like the M32 Grenade Launcher.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I’m really worried about using high explosives near the resort. What if we hit the mono-rail?

As a side benefit Stewart, anything we reckon will stop a dinosaur might at least slow Dwayne Johnson down if you can place the shot well…

stewartc
    Free Member

You can slow Dwayne Johnson down by asking him to act.

There are dinosaur running loose, playing havoc and generally ignoring all the health and safety regulations in the park, regulations that are in fact are there to stop this nonsense, I think you can put concerns about blast radius’s being too near the mono-rail for once man.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think in the same way that you should follow the Horror film rules

When it appears that you have killed the monster, never check to see if it’s really dead.
    If you find that your house was built upon or near a cemetery, was once a church that was used for black masses, had previous inhabitants who went mad or committed suicide or died in some horrible fashion, or had inhabitants who performed necrophilia or satanic practices, move away immediately.
    Never read a book of demon summoning aloud, even as a joke. Don’t mumble to yourself, either – if you can’t read silently, you have no business with such a thing anyway.
    Do not search the basement, especially if the power has just gone out.
    As a general rule, don’t solve puzzles that open portals to Hell.

http://freaky_freya.tripod.com/horror_movie_rules.html

Going to a resort with massive dinosaurs (on what is it their 3rd attempt to not have the guest eaten?) is up there with explaining your plan to a certain Mr Bond.

BigDummy
    Free Member

OK, OK, use the damn grenade-launcher! But you’re filling out the accident forms if you blow up the mono-rail…

BigDummy
    Free Member

on what is it their 3rd attempt to not have the guest eaten?

Mike, previous incidents have been fully resolved with no admission of liability. If you allege otherwise our lawyers will be up your ass so fast you won’t have time to shart. Clear?

The situation is under control. REMAIN CALM AND ENJOY YOUR VISIT. Also please ignore the tank.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Of course it’s safe

Couple of these?

squirrelking
    Free Member

Barrett XM109 AM rifle.

Next…

BigDummy
    Free Member

Good call!

Maybe Tetravaal’s MOOSE? Air-mobile as well:

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I think what you probably need is a RFBG*, mind you that speccy kid with a fondness for scarf wearing seems to cope using a twig and some made up words. Failing that, just use some effeminate looking bloke with a small pistol who can be the ‘hero’ with one carefully placed/lucky shot where previously entire armies have failed. Seems to work in most films

* Really ******* Big Gun

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The Davy Crockett nuclear mortar. That’ll stop ’em!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett_(nuclear_device)

froggy67
    Free Member

You need a hastily bodged together bow and large black arrow. Seemed to work in “battle of the 5 armies”. Of course don’t forget to use your son as an arrow support, as without that it’s bound to fail.

cranberry
    Free Member

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No half measures

They might be planning something

eddiebaby
    Free Member

unovolo
    Free Member

The moose will be no good as a skinny South African rapper managed to take it down.

Best thing would be to leave a couple of packets of these lying about the place.

burglarboycie
    Free Member

Barrett .50 cal all day long!!!

ninfan
    Free Member

Hello, is that Holland and Holland?

I’d like a double barrel .700 nitro express please.

How long?

Bugger!

How F@@@ing much?

nickc

Don’t fool with recombinant DNA technology unless you’re really sure you know what you are doing.

From Mikewsmith’s link, seems to cover most bases. 😆

jimjam
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c[/video]

batfink
    Free Member

TheFlyingOx

Fight fire with fire. Or rather, Tyrannosaur with Tyrannosaur:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrImp-ek3bI[/video]

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Did somebody say monorail?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

batfink has it [just don’t press the little red button on the side].

DezB
    Free Member

I think, if you have big monster dinosuar in your sights. Red dot on it etc.
    Shoot. Shoot quick.
    Don’t wait for it to run away.
    That’s what I’d do.

Fun film to see with the kids though.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

BigDummy
    Free Member

Shoot quick.
    Don’t wait for it to run away.

Also, if shooting at it with a minigun from a helicopter, experiment with firing at it or perhaps in front of it. Behind it will do nothing good.

🙂

budgierider67

Nerf N Strike Elite Retaliator Blaster. Now I’d watch that movie.

tyrionl1
    Free Member

Have you considered prayer? Useful group

Denial always works for me.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

It is difficult to know how to approach this problem. Dinosaurae are famously like bacteria, any attempt to overcome them will merely result in their mutating and adapting, developing defenses against whatever it is you use to combat them. This recent article shows evidence to support this

maccruiskeen

I’m torn between reaching for my Anvil Gun

or my Giant Robot Hitler

RustySpanner

Needs more Kong.
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uYWSOzFMZjg[/video]

stevedoc
    Free Member

Timberwolf C4 in .408 ,then I would never need to be closer than 1.5 miles away from the pointy toothed CGIs

willard

A .45-70 is a big, big calibre that will take down a buffalo, so should not have much of a problem taking out the smaller raptors. I shot a .450 Marlin calibre Marlin lever action rifle the other weekend and that was easily capable of stopping what my host called a “charging full sized hog” in its tracks. It was a beast of a gun.

For me, I’d consider something like a Berreta Extrema 2 with the 10 shot mag firing ounce slugs. Or, if I wanted a bit more range, any rifle with a calibre of .50BMG or bigger. 20mm would be a safe bet for most things, something like this…

Or maybe a tripod mounted GAU-8.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Blitz Cannon from the VC’s or Johnny Alpha’s gun with a No.4 cartridge

Rscott
    Free Member

If we are looking for out and out mobility and power howabout one of these bad boys http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2383113/Gun-company-displays-largest-caliber-rifle-created-bullets-cost-40-piece.html

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Jurassic World – Gun Question (possible spoliation)’ is closed to new replies.