• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by E_G.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Jura Alps, France
  • yvalnaro

Anybody been to the Jura Alps in France, trying to find info on routes etc in this area, can’t find much on tinternet, any info would be appreciated.

Drac

I’ve ridden there from Geneva, it was a cracking ride one of my favourites ever big rocky descents.

Sorry can’t be of much use after that as a friend was the guide.

E_G

I visited the Jura region last year, camping for a few nights near Doucier before we headed south to Courchevel.

In the market square in Doucier I came across a map of local VTT routes and I did a couple, one out towards Chambly and one round Lac de Chalain.

There was a mix of trails – very little singletrack, mostly fire-road and some farm tracks. Also some sections were on the local back roads.

Navigating around was difficult. The routes are signed but it was easy to miss a sign and take the wrong route. I had a GPS with me which helped, and I knew roughly where I was to be going so getting lost just added to the adventure.

As stated above, they call it VTT in France, and the region’s tourist info site has a page http://www.jura-tourism.com/jura/jura-vtt.html
    They also have a Carte des Circuits VTT which lists the routes and distances.

Cycling through the high meadows in Jura was one of my highlights of last year…..

EG

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Jura Alps, France’ is closed to new replies.