• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kevj.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Junior Architectural technician, What salary would be fair in the North?
  • mos

I’m putting a case to the MD for another member of staff in our tech department & as we’re well staffed at senior level, i am proposing we set on perhaps a college leaver with some Cad ability & an understanding of the construction industry.
    What type of salary do you think such a position should be offering?

aP
    Free Member

£18k?
    See here

kevj
    Free Member

I’d say between 16k and 20k depending on experience and education level. For 16k you could offer a uni placement and day release. 20k should get you someone with a few years experience.

Just cad monkey or revit user btw?

mos

Well, we’ve had revit for 3 years & never used it as there never seems time to take a step back & get fully immersed in it. Hence the need to free up some time by employing someone else.

kevj
    Free Member

You might be better financially, putting someone through a good revit training course. Less outlay and the person will already be fully acquainted with how your practice works.

Quite often, a new employee will be less efficient and ends up taking time from the existing resource to get them up to speed. Depends on the individual of course.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Junior Architectural technician, What salary would be fair in the North?’ is closed to new replies.