Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Jumping off a 7' wall
  • Stevet1
    Free Member

As a responsible parent and role model I like to try and one up my kids (obvs) by jumping off things (on foot) higher than they can / are willing to at present thus retaining my alpha male status. To this end I have started jumping off a 7′ wall. This sort of jars a bit although (obvs again) I show no outward signs of weakness. Will I –
    Suddenly end up with a massive slipped disc one of these days
    Slowly end up with a fubar’d back and crippling arthritis
    Grow extra gnar muscle and bone in my back to cope and be able eventually to jump off the roof.

Thoughts please.

Jamie
    Free Member

Go hard, or go home.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Yes
    Yes
    Probably not

Go Dad…………….

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Learn to commando roll your landings. or go oldschool and huck to flat on your FS bender style

Stevet1
    Free Member

yeah, that guy must really want to impress his kids.

atlaz
    Free Member

You could retain alpha male status either by jumping off things or merely take a cue out of the animal kingdom and savage them with your teeth, claws or antlers.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That bloke has dropped his skateboard

neilwheel
    Free Member

Go hard and then go home……………crying?

DezB
    Free Member

Knees. I worry about your knees.

Stevet1
    Free Member

I am using the bend the knee on landing technique and fist bump the floor spiderman style.

woody2000

Meniscal/ACL tear coming your way I reckon Dad 🙂

Sui
    Free Member

keep feet together and you will do no harm.. well you’ll save your ankles at least, the rest of you will gradually get more and more ****!

brakes
    Free Member

your landing technique should change as you get older to protect your spine.
    try locking your knees out next time, or landing on your face.

brant
    Free Member

I remember spending an hour or so jumping off an increasingly tall seawall, into soft-ish sand… got higher and higher. Oh it was great. Probably 7-8-9-10ft depending on who I’m telling the tale to.

Next morning, ouch. Super stiff back and neck and felt like I’d shrunk four inches.

wwaswas

you need to build up to a roof to spiral staircase jump;

zilog6128

Learn how to do a forward roll like the parkour guys do (from way higher than 7 feet!) This will also look much cooler but you need a bit of forward momentum (can’t just drop down and roll).

bruneep

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8qoNl6jtcM[/video]

mattbee

If you’re at the BigBikeBash this weekend you could ask WCA for advice on landing technique.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Jumping off a 7' wall’ is closed to new replies.