Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Jumping man-made doubles mid-trail technique
  • adstick
    Free Member

I said ‘the majority of jumps’ for a reason – most people get hung up on trying to do too much on the lip. Learning correct speed and good position is the first thing to do. Dirt jumps or big gaps on DH tracks might require more technique but I’d class these as advanced and not what we are talking about.

deanfbm
    Free Member

I very much strongly suggest that good bunny hop technique is very much applicable to good jumping technique (pumping technique too).

However a strong starting point, as suggested earlier is simply correct speed combined with a central, strong body position, with minute adjustments in the air to keep things smooth. So no absorbing of the lip, no pumping, purely going off the kicker and learning what happens as you go off varying kicker shapes. To add extra at this point would simply over complicate things.

Then, once you’re more proficient, good jumping/pumping is purely modifications in the timing of a good bunny hop, of which you can’t learn until you understand what is happening as a bike goes off of a take off.

smatkins1
    Free Member

cheers for the advice guys!

any more links to educational videos or webpages?

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Jumping man-made doubles mid-trail technique’ is closed to new replies.