Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • jump/drop progress
  • astura
    Free Member

I went to the local freeride park (kinver) on my new but not new Marin quake 2008 for a confidence boost, as I have been losing my bottle with going off drops and jumps. I probably managed to do one 3ft drop 10ft in length and a doubles, clearing both really nicely buzzing full of confidence sepecially as the bike just owns. However, ikeep getting a mental block on one jump which I know is the next step before I go bigger, I need to do this one and know I can do it but cant bring myself to do it. Is probably about 3-4ft drop which kicks you up to quite a steep gradient, I rode up to it about 30 times making sure my run in was good and it was but just couldnt bring myself to pop off the end. Does anybody else have this problem, how can I get the bottle to just do it! Im close

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’m local to Kinver and do lots of riding over there and have cut a trail in too. Which jumps are you on about? I’ve done most of them except the Cliff Drop and Leap of Faith (the big kicker over the bomb hole) so I might be able to help you out.

kayak23

Yeah it’s natural and common. I usually find that I’ll keep pegging it up to a jump, change my mind, but sooner or later I’ll just make that snap decision not to haul on the brakes and suddenly I’m doing it.

Don’t put pressure on yourself. It’s about having fun.

astura
    Free Member

You would class it as the easy one but its been there years, if your looking down from the top its on the right hand side, bang in the centre, not sure if its 2 or 3 Big fat chunky logs and rocks and leads into the drop or the doubles at the bottom of the run, beats me every time!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Oh, that drop standing proud on the right? The landing’s fairly steep. It’s got a few options after it.

Have you done the other drop just done from that? It’s quite a smooth progression between the two. If you haven’t done the one I’m on about then try that first, do it a few times and then have another look at the one you’re stick on.

Well done on doing the 2 doubles at the bottom. The 2nd is pretty big now.

astura
    Free Member

Yeh iv done that drop loads and fing it really nice to do, but still the one above gets me everytime

getonyourbike
    Free Member

It does look quite intimidating when you look at it.

I’ve found that what works for me is being motivated to do it before you arrive. If you really want to do it before you get there more often than not you will. Do a few runs when you get there so that you’re happy you;re riding well and then have a look at it, with one run up to it max. Imagining riding it also helps. One thing I’ve picked up is that if you can imagine yourself riding it smoothly then you probably can. If you can’t then don’t try. Hopefully by then you should be ready to do. I hope at least a small bit of that helps you.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Dont think about it, go fresh get a tow in and hit it first attempt.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘jump/drop progress’ is closed to new replies.