Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Juicy Lubes Fork Juice
  • tmb467
    Free Member

Blimey – who needs Kashima coating when you’ve got this stuff

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Good gear and a can lasts forever

Northwind

Yep, good stuff. Not entirely sure it’s any better than cheaper silicon sprays mind, but considering the price difference I am completely unconcerned about that.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Tis ace stuff

tweeking on the cheap

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+ 1

carlphillips
    Free Member

@northwind there was a thread on here about that ages ago, i think JL use a much higher content of silicon* hence the slightly higher price…

still, its very good stuff. but the cans don’t last forever as mine has just run out…

*disclaimer, i could be talking out my arse.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

i use it, stuff still works 🙂

dmw536
    Free Member

Any reason not to use this on a reverb? Mine gets a bit of stiction when its been sat unused for a while…

andymc06
    Free Member

I use it on my reverb which has run flawlessly for over a year. So no problem.

dmw536
    Free Member

nice, might make a purchase!

craigxxl
    Free Member

It seems thicker than standard silicon spray.
    I’ve got 2 tins and don’t think I’ll ever get onto the 2nd one even though I use it often

nuke

Think its great stuff…My current bottle seems to have a more fragrant/floral smell than my original bottle: anyone else notice that or am I spraying Febreeze on my forks? 😕

skolt
    Free Member

Seconded, even my Joplin works perfectly with a bit of juice lube.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Just started using it too, only complaint might be the very wide-angle of the spray and the fact that 75% misses the stanctions (but at £7 for a big tin, it doesnt really matter).

Holyzeus
    Free Member

carlphillips – Member

still, its very good stuff. but the cans don’t last forever as mine has just run out…

*disclaimer, i could be talking out my arse.
    I asked for that……

mattrgee
    Free Member

Other than wiping the stanchions down, is there any additional maintenance I should be doing to keep my forks running well? Didn’t realise people were lubing them…

chiefgrooveguru

I don’t use the official stuff but I spray a ton of silicone spray on my stanchions before most rides, and it seems to keep them very happy.

vincienup
    Free Member

I use it after every wash (wash commuter weekly everything else after every ride)
    Is also really useful for caliper piston rings if you have the pistons out for proper cleanage…
    My brother blasts it around his bb she’ll before very wet/mucky rides also from a point of view of runoff..

Northwind

carlphillips – Member

@northwind there was a thread on here about that ages ago, i think JL use a much higher content of silicon* hence the slightly higher price…

This is an Interweb Fact- but supposedly it’s a commercially available product used by glaziers, with a different label on it. Not that fussed tbh! Main thing is just how well it works and I’ve still not seen any definite difference between it and my cheap Halfords silicon.

I use the Fork Juice though because it smells nicer and it feels right 😉 Think the exact same is true of Brunox which I also use, though mainly because it comes in a convenient tiny can.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Does anyone know of a place online to purchase this fabled stuff? I’ve searched but failed

robhughes
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l2736&_nkw=fork+juice

There you go.. 🙂
    The first one is some sort of limited edition sexy chick one..

simondbarnes

Does anyone know of a place online to purchase this fabled stuff? I’ve searched but failed

http://www.bikeshak.com/maintenance/lubricants/juice-lubes-fork-juice-400ml/

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Thanks. That was generally the problem when googling it

Vinnyc
    Free Member

Been meaning to try this stuff

stevious

Don’t know it it makes *that* much difference but it smells awesome.

roblane65
    Free Member

it might smell awesome but if you could buy it for a third of the price would you ? In the build trade and engineering silicone spray is used for lots of stuff .Try a local tool trade branch/srewfix miles cheaper. silicone spray is silicone spray !

zerocool

It’s made by a company called Rock Oil and branded as Juicy Lubes. They manufacture sprays, lubes, etc for a lot of other companies (mTB and Motor) to rebrand as their own.
    I still use it regularly but it’s no substitute for giving your forks a proper lube and/or service every once in a while.
    I was at the Forest Of Dean last week and I think that I was the only person there (with a bike over £300) that wasn’t spraying forks and shocks with the stuff – mainly because I’d forgotten my bike wash kit that day so has to do it at home.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Juicy Lubes Fork Juice’ is closed to new replies.