Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Juicy 7's – What have I done wrong
  • Milkie
    Free Member

Numpty Alert!!

So I got an Avid adaptor and the caliper doesn’t seem to fit properly..
    I think it needs spacing out a little more, as the caliper is catching on the disc at the moment.

As you can see I’ve had to space it out a little. Am I going about this right?

What have I done wrong? 😳

Any help is much appreciated!

nuke

What size disc? Aside the washers (Should be washers on both sides of the caliper for each bolt) everything looks right having just checked my Juicy front brake on PM with 185mm rotor

thebunk

Order should be:

[*]Bolt[/*]
    [*]Thick spacer[/*]
    [*]Thin spacer[/*]
    [*]Caliper[/*]
    [*]Thin spacer[/*]
    [*]Thick spacer[/*]
    [*]Mount[/*]

hth

thebunk

stew1982
    Free Member

Where you’ve bolted it on it should be – 2 self align washers under the caliper and 2 ontop of the caliper for each bolt.

So by the looks of it on the bottom bolt your missing the 2 washers to go on top of the caliper.

EDIT – as described by the previous poster

firestarter
    Free Member

thick and thin washer needs to go between mount and caliper at the top by the looks of it

that or its a 180mm adaptor on a 185 disc but more likely the spacers tbh

nuke

I got the impression from this…

As you can see I’ve had to space it out a little. Am I going about this right?

…that he had swapped the washers to make it fit

But yeah as thebunk said although mine have an additional washer on the bolt first…

bolt – flat washer – concave washer – convex washer – caliper – convex washer – concave washer – adapter – fork

Milkie
    Free Member

Cheers guys, just needed some confirmation really, didn’t want to take any chances with the front brake. I would’ve thought buying a 185mm Avid adaptor that I wouldn’t have to use spacers.

I’ll space it out correctly this eveing. Cheers guys! 😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

As above or it could be that you’ve put the adaptor on upside down.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Adaptor is probably upside down, and you’ve got the fittings all tits up.

Milkie
    Free Member

Which way is the arrow supposed to point on the adaptor then? It’s currently pointing down.

joolsburger
    Free Member

It’s all wrong really. Do you have any washers behind that hose that I can’t see?

If mine was to hand I’d check but from memory it’s upside down.

The Bunk is righht in terms of the order of the spacers etc. I’d try turning it over, mounting it as bunk describes and seeing if that works.

Milkie
    Free Member

Right, a mate has just sent me a photo of his Juicy’s… The mount is definately the correct way round.

I did try it the other way around last night, and the caliper was miles away from the adaptor!

Do you have any washers behind that hose that I can’t see?

Nope, not yet, I will in about 4 hours tho!

alaric

The washers aren’t there as spacers, they are to allow the caliper to align to the disc.

There should be 4 concave and 4 convex, in pairs, either side of the caliper, as previously described.

Milkie
    Free Member

Correct fitting… Apparently!

cp

I didn’t realise Avid mounts had arrows on… On shimano the arrow on the adaptor is supposed to point in the normal disc rotation direction, so up. As mentioned above, you need to sort those washers and spacers out – it’s an integral part of the alignment system no matter who supplies the adaptor.

A quick google yields this:-

http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/JuicyCarbon7and5_English.pdf

which details all the brackets and how to mount.

Milkie
    Free Member

cp – Thank you, thats perfik! 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Juicy 7's – What have I done wrong’ is closed to new replies.