Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Juicy 5 Problem
  • Bludgeon
    Free Member

Hi,

I’d been out riding the other night. Got home and as I unloaded the bike heard a tinkle. Of course it was dark at the time so I couldn’t find anything.

Next day I checked my brakes has a little test ride and they seemed OK. I remembered the tinkle and went and had a look around the car. There was brake pad on the floor.

I removed the other pad and tried to push the piston back, but it wouldn’t go. I called a friend and he suggested that I slightly loosen a bleed screw near the brake lever. This I did, the pistons were pushed back and I tightened the screw. Once the pads were re-fitted I tested the brakes but they do not work. Some oil leaked out of the reservoir cap and the brake plunger makes a squidgy noise when I pull the lever.

Any ideas?

Thanks

allyharp

If some fluid leaked out when you undid the bleed screw there’s now probably too little fluid and possibly some air in there.

Sounds like bleeding them would sort it out. It’s easy if you’ve got the kit.

allyharp

Speaking of the kit, alpine bikes have them for £15 on their website. Delivery is an expensive £4.50 but you could probably persuade them to give you it at that price in store.

simondbarnes

Speaking of the kit, alpine bikes have them for £15 on their website

Blimey, that’s bloody cheap. The retail price on them is now £39.99 🙁

Bludgeon
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I’d better order a kit!

Bludgeon
    Free Member

Bled the brakes and once again a pad fell out as I was out in the woods…. going down hill…. quite fast….

Looks like one of the pistons isn’t moving properly and the little nipple thing that should locate on the rear of the pad isn’t.

Sending the brake back for a replacement.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Juicy 5 Problem’ is closed to new replies.