Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • juicy 5 help
  • robhughes
    Free Member

hi guys.can i take out the t10 torx bolt on the lever.
    squeze the lever,remove some fluid then replace while still holding the lever.
    the reason being is i think there over filled as the pads return after pushing the pistons back in so the front brake binds.
    cheers guys.

nuke

Yep. Wouldn't either both removing it…just loosen, squeeze until DOT fluid appears, re-tighten, wash off DOT fluid with plenty of water.

ansdy

Personally I wouldn't pull the lever, I'd just undo the bolt like you suggested then push the pistons in the caliper out and mop up the fluid that overflows.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Rob, have you checked the pistons are clean and free moving? This would be a more likely culprit that an over filled system. Unless someone has bled it with the pistons out rather than in, there's no way for the system to be overly full. Once bled properly, the volume of fluid in the system shouldn't need adjusting ever.

robhughes
    Free Member

hi onzadog.yer the pistons move freely but when you push the inside one in it creeps back out??
    iv,e cleaned round the edges of the pistons with brake fluid and a cotton wool bud and there free.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘juicy 5 help’ is closed to new replies.