Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • juicy 3s
  • rs4
    Free Member

hi guys,recently fitted a set of juicys 3s to my girlfriends stumpy.they are not yet bedded in but brand new out of the box and the lever travel is within 5mm of the bars.Surely they dont need bleeding,
    any advice greatly appreciated…

GW
    Free Member

Do you mean there's loads of lever pull just to get the pads to hit the disc or after they've contacted you can still pull the lever close to the bar?

the latter is normal. 3 sets of jicys here and can hit the lever off my grips with all 6 levers.
    former, a better bleed may help.

give them a chance to bed-in first though.

rs4
    Free Member

hi GW,the lever is pumped up and pads are seated against the discs.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    foureyes
    Free Member

my 3s both came like this. have you adjusted the lever reach grub screws? unless you have small hands you can adjust the lever rest position further out and get a normal bite point lever position.

rs4
    Free Member

lever reach is as it came out of the box,but yes i will adjust it,whats your opinion on juicy 3s………

coatesy
    Free Member

Par for the course with Juicys,had to build literally hundreds of bikes fitted with them,and had to bleed all of them. You wouldn't believe how much air is in a supposedly factory bled system,work well once it's done though.

foureyes
    Free Member

juicy 3s have been excellent for me. high power with a 180 or bigger disc and reasonable weight for stupidly low prices. I've got 2 or 3 sets, and a 5 and have never had a moments problem, a mate has the same and has had constant leakage issues. im much heavier than him. very odd

james
    Free Member

One of the biggest hastles people have with avid juicys is getting the pads in and out. Theres a pad retention type clip on the back of the caliper. Get rid of it (and rely on the pad separation spring and the raised parts of the pistons to hold the pads in) and the pads will be dead easy to take in/out

foureyes
    Free Member

i think the next time i need to change pads on my juices id rather sell em on bay, and buy new brakes. what a faff for sure

igm

I've had two sets. Both would have benefited from a bleed from the box. That said they will still stop you without it. Pistons will stick occasionally but not difficult to free up – 30 minute job, less if you're quick.
    I reckon the 3s are better than the 7s I also have or the 5s my wife has.

couldgetacarforthat
    Free Member

I had Juicy 5's for 12 months of pain. Awful…change them for new Hopes or Shimano.

GW
    Free Member

what are you lot finding so difficult about changing pads? – you just squeeze them together and pull them out (or push them in)

😕

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Yeah, isn't the pad retention spring and the pads the same as on BB7's, I've got BB7's and find the pads a doddle to change, couldn't be easier no bolts or split pins to mess about with, wot GW said: open pistons up squeeze together pads and pull or bit of pressure on the tabs and they pop out?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘juicy 3s’ is closed to new replies.