Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • juicy 3 versus juicy 5
  • handyman
    Free Member

Am in need of new brake old mono mini has died but can anyone tell me the difference between the 3 and 5 as both are on special at crc and apart from colour and price i cant see a difference thanks

Smee
    Free Member

In my experience there's not much difference. Maybe a tiny wee bit of weight, but thats it.

gregs891
    Free Member

There's not much they are both rubbish and the pads are nightmare to change get some more hope's

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Why not repair the mono mini? All parts available and its easy to strip and rebuild with new seals

handyman
    Free Member

i am going to call hope mon to see if it can be fixed, basically the piston nearest the wheel will not retract more than halfway in, i have cleaned, removed oil. removed piston, nothing makes a difference ,the other side piston is fine it is like something is blocking the retraction and ihave removed caliper to get better access, so if i cant get a new one, it is the ols back and gold one i need new ones

abductee
    Free Member

The reach adjusters on the juicy 3 are a screw. The juicy 5 has a click adjust

To remove the levers on the juicy 3 they have to be slid on and off the end of the bars. The juicy 5 has a split clamp.

The juicy 3 has dot4 fluid and the juicy 5 has dot5.1

I don't think there are any differences in performance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘juicy 3 versus juicy 5’ is closed to new replies.