Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Juicers??…are they worth it??
  • Drac

Bung it in, 22 minutes later a blended soup comes out, no mess, no faff, no over-cooking.

Soup like a lot of cooking involves building flavours layers up, chucking everything in warming jug can’t be as good as cooking it properly.

mattyfez

Umm, because vegetables are horrible? Anyone who says they like eating them is a damned liar.

Vegetables in the traditional British boiled to death sense are grim.

But conversely look at Mediterranean or far east cuisine.. Vegetables done right.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Fruit and Veg is food.

Tea and beer are drinks.

Unless you have no teeth, I can’t see any need to liquidise your food.
    This. Juicer? FFS. Cook something properly. No slower.

jambourgie
    Free Member

This. Juicer? FFS. Cook something properly. No slower.

Don’t understand this logic. Hmm, I fancy a cool refreshing drink. I know, I’ll cook a baked potato.

johndoh
    Free Member

Soup like a lot of cooking involves building flavours layers up, chucking everything in warming jug can’t be as good as cooking it properly.

Same could be said for a slow cooker. I do *lots* of cooking of lots of cuisines and I find a soup maker to be a great tool. I can cope with others not agreeing, but it would be good if it was a qualified disagreement rather than an assumed one.

Drac

Same could be said for a slow cooker

I agree but depends what you’re cooking in it.

nealglover
    Free Member

Don’t understand this logic. Hmm, I fancy a cool refreshing drink.I know, I’ll cook a baked potato

Quite right. Because that would be food wouldn’t it. Not logical at all.

Far better to put a load of cabbage and carrots in a juicer and make a drink.

Or. Maybe…. you know… Just have a drink, that’s not made of liquidised food.

Beer maybe.
    Or tea.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Beer’s made of mashed up hops…

#trollface

nealglover
    Free Member

Beer’s made of mashed up hops…

Not quite food that though is it.
    In the same way that an apple is food.

“Nice bowl of hops for breakfast today, can’t wait!” 🙂

MSP

A glass of cider or wine maybe? it could ever catch on.

johndoh
    Free Member

I agree but depends what you’re cooking in it.

Agreed – and there are lots of soup recipes that recommend doing different things at different times (ie, char-grilled red pepper soup (obviously) needs the red pepper char-grilling before putting it in the pot otherwise the taste just wouldn’t be correct. However the soups I make are all very simple and can be put in together (lentil, potato & leek, butternut squash, mushroom, sweet potato etc). As a convenience tool it’s great as I can prepare everything the night before and then just bung it in and switch it on when I get up and it cooks/blends whilst I get my kids ready for school/make packed lunches etc.

nealglover
    Free Member

A glass of cider or wine maybe? it could ever catch on.

There’s a lot more going on in cider/wine making than just mushing up food to make it easier to consume.

You may or may not have realised that, but I thought I would point it out anyway, just in case. 😉

jambourgie
    Free Member

Not quite food that though is it.
    In the same way that an apple is food.

“Nice bowl of hops for breakfast today, can’t wait!”

*busy chewing on a bine of dry, fibrous, sinewy hops in attempt to prove person on the internet wrong*

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Juicers??…are they worth it??’ is closed to new replies.