Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Juicer recommendations
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

My wife is after a juicer that can do vegetables as well as fruit for her strange concoctions. Has anyone got any recommendations for a powerful, easy to clean one that doesn’t cost a fortune please?

Cougar

Powerful and easy to clean shouldn’t be that tall an order, but I think all wives cost a fortune I’m afraid.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Greenstar.

hockropper

You could try a Nutribullet, which isn’t a blender but does full vegetables, as a sort of a smoothie and you can also add nuts and other healthy things. It gets good reviews on argos website http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1463237.htm

Don’t get a juicer, get a blender. It’s cheaper to buy juice than doing it yourself anyway. A good blender (vitamix/blendtec) is actually worth the (ridiculously high) price.

saleem
    Free Member

^^ vitamix everyday of the week if it was my money! I use them daily at work and it’s £500 well spent.

TooTall
    Free Member

Get a blender. Unless you want to spend more time cleaning than drinking. I gave a juicer away because it was so much hassle.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

We have a Philips HR1861 aluminium one, it’s one of the better ones of its type but cleaning is enough of a faff that it puts me off using it.
    Managed to get it cheap enough that I don’t mind that it only got 6months use before being consigned to the cupboard.

bob_summers

I’ve got a Philips one, HR something. It’s the 800w jobbie. Cleaning takes a couple of minutes if done before it dries out. Gets used at least once daily, I love it. Bought juice doesn’t compare, you have to peel oranges but leave the pith on and the juice is very creamy. Lemonade in summer is great: half a lemon, skin on + two or three apples. Ginger ale, a thumb sized bit of ginger, apples and fizzy mineral water. Best gadget I’ve ever bought. Would love a Vitamix or similar as well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Juicer recommendations’ is closed to new replies.