Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Judging frame size, ETT or reach or something else?
  • Vortexracing

THINKING of changing my 5 Spot and I’m considering either a Transition Bandit, Cotic Flare or a Bird Aeris 120.

The 5 Spot has a ETT of 22.5″ and a reach of 15.3″
    The Transition has an ETT of 21.9″ and a reach of 16″
    The Bird has a ETT of 22.8″ and a reach of 16.6″
    The Cotic gas a ETT of 22.8″ and a reach of 16.9″

I am running a 60mm stem on the Turner and given the latest trends and advice it would seem the shorter stems are what the latest frames are designed around.

I was sure the Transition was a bit short in the TT until I looked at the reach, which is longer than the 5 Spot, so now I am a bit confused. 😕

What is the best figure to judge fit from ETT or reach or something else?????

Ta

Dave

ddmonkey

http://www.transitionbikes.com/PDF/GETDIALED_FrameGeo_Part1_ETTvsReach.pdf

Reach is the main thing for me but look at every measurement to compare properly…

mattbee

If it helps, I went from a 5 Spot to a Bandit (first a 26 then a 650) all in a Large.
    Alough the Bandit supposedly has a short top tube I found it absolutely fine and on the 650b one I run a 15mm shorter stem (& 40mm wider bars) than I did on the 5 Spot.

Vortexracing

Cheers mattbee, what are the biggest difference in ride/handling between the Transition and the Turner?

chestrockwell

I find ETT + stem length the best rule of thumb. Never had a bike I felt particularly cramped on standing up but have whilst seated.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Judging frame size, ETT or reach or something else?’ is closed to new replies.