Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Judgement Order Listings.. AKA One Call Insurnace.. – advice please.
  • PrinceJohn

Hi There,

Just after a quick bit of advice, I used to have insurance with these guys, cancelled it & now they’re chasing me for money that I don’t owe them.

They’ve sent me letters out which I have written back to them to dispute this, they then told me to call them (tricky since they don’t have a non automated phone number) I thought I had sorted it all out & yesterday got a letter from them claiming I still owe them money & them threatening court action… also claiming that I haven’t communicated with them!!!

Bunch of many expletives deleted….

Any way – just after a little advice of what my next move should be.. thanks!

mbl1
    Free Member

What type of insurance did you have with them ?
    And why do they say you owe them money?

PrinceJohn

It was car insurance.

It’s money from when after I cancelled the insurance, at the end of the year, not a cancellation fee.

sandwicheater

The time on risk charges will be found in there policy wording. Have you had a check to see if what they are saying is correct?

If you are indeed correct after doing the above and you don’t want to speak to them by phone I’d write to there complaints department.

Think best thing is to call them.

PrinceJohn

Think best thing is to call them.

I did try that – called one call, who said that it’d been passed on JOL & hung up on me (I wasn’t in anyway a dick on the phone), so I wrote to them, as their only contact numbers are automated phone numbers I cannot speak to anyone there…

mbl1
    Free Member

A quick scout around the internet suggests they like to apply charges for every possible thing. Cancelling mid term will often result in a time on risk charge which will be higher than the proportionate pro rata cost.
    But if you just allowed the policy to end at renewal you have to pay nothing more than the premium.
    I’ve would guess they wrote to you and applied a charge each time.
    Did you tell them you wanted the policy to end?

sandwicheater

Is this a cancelled policy mid terms or lapse at renewal?

How were you paying?

Either way, write to complaints department by recorded post advising the charges were not clearly brought to your attention and the importance of said charges were also not made clear and if the matter is not resolved ie waived you’ll escalate the matter to the ombudsmen.

IanW
    Free Member

Read the terms of the policy , if you are confident there’s no grounds for a charge let them threaten all they want it won’t get anywhere.

If you think their within the terms of the policy, pay them because you will lose and accrue additional costs should it go to court.

As above sounds like a tor charge and/or cancelation fee in which case you owe it and should pay, only time you may get away with it is if it’s such a small amount they won’t chase.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Judgement Order Listings.. AKA One Call Insurnace.. – advice please.’ is closed to new replies.