Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Juddering front brake
  • billysugger
    Free Member

Running Hope x2’s, plenty of pad left. Everything tight in headset,forks,hub. Rotor straight. Gets a little better when warm. Most noticeable when cold, applying light lever pressure. Not there when braking hard.

What d’ya tink mi bredrin?

Copper slipped the backs of the pads to see if that helps. Not sure what else to do really.

awh
    Free Member

Pads glazed over?

billysugger
    Free Member

No. Suppose for a tenner I’d be able to dismiss the pads, concentrate on the rotor. Rotor’s pretty new though

lazybike
    Free Member

mine’s doing it as well, weird innit…..

redthunder
    Free Member

I had this once with a bike specced with XT rotors and deore callipers.

Used to judder like mad. Put the rotors that matched callipers and all was good.

Check to see if they match. Basically my pads were snatching the rotor spokes 🙁

lazybike
    Free Member

mines been fine for months, then last week starts juddering, checked the usual stuff but no joy, may get to have a more involved look at the weekend.

billysugger
    Free Member

Yeah it’s all Hope stuff. Think I might just try a different pair of pads. It’s worrying when you first set off somewhere. Makes me think I’ve not tightened something back up.

patriotpro
    Free Member

The disc in question will be contaminated with something you’ve used to clean/lubricate the bike with…

Just give the disc a clean with alcohol cleaner or some dedicated disc brake cleaner and give the calipers and pads the same treatment.

Boom – job done – let me know how you get on:)

lazybike
    Free Member

PP that will be the first thing I try…..cheers

billysugger
    Free Member

I only use sh1t shifter by Hope. Yeah I know other brands are available :mrgreen:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Juddering front brake’ is closed to new replies.