Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • JTL: Now Cat 2
  • will
    Free Member

Thoughts: http://road.cc/content/news/176799-jonathan-tiernan-locke-unhappy-being-given-category-2-licence#comments

Should he have even been given a license? Should he be cat 1?

scaredypants

I wouldn’t fancy being in a 2,3,4 race with him, fo’ sho’

chakaping
    Free Member

It would be a bit petty if they make me start as a 2nd Cat

Yes, marvellously petty.

😆

Maybe they wouldn’t be taking the piss if you hadn’t tried to take the piss out of them with your excuses though?

jimster01

He’s not got a team to back him,and it’s at BC discretion – he had irregularities in testing which couldn’t be substantiated,and his team dropped him, he’s lucky enough to be a cat 2.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

It would be even funnier if at the discretionary hearing they bump him down to 3rd cat 😆

mrblobby
    Free Member

“If I was a 3rd Cat rider, and had a race turned on its head by an ex- pro banned doper, I think I’d be complaining,” he added.

FTFH

LS
    Free Member

Make the cheating scrote start right at the bottom as a 4th cat, see how his ego likes that.
    It makes no odds to the other riders in the race as there’s always ringers in each category, up to 1st cat anyway.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

4th cat would do nothing, isn’t it 10points to get promoted to 3 , and it’s 10 for a win?

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’m surprised he’s kicking up a fuss really, other than pride. This guy went from 4th to Elite in a single season.

10points to get promoted to 3

12 points

dragon
    Free Member

Putting JTL down in 4ths would be rubbish for everyone else fitting racing in between work and family etc. FOr me I agree with BC and 2nd Cat feels about right IMO.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

If he’s any good without the gear, he’ll get his first back within a handful of races.

Dunno how he’ll be getting to them all mind, with his driving ban.

LS
    Free Member

Putting JTL down in 4ths would be rubbish for everyone else fitting racing in between work and family etc. FOr me I agree with BC and 2nd Cat feels about right IMO.

I’m an ex 1st cat and currently a 4th simply because I haven’t done any RRs for ages, there doesn’t appear to be a bar to falling back through the cats as there used to be – like I said above there’s ringers throughout anyway. It won’t take him long but make him work for it.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

And as a case in point, unless you were very clued up and let BC know exactly what you’d done and where you’d done it, you would quite often find guys racing on the mainland getting downgraded in the UK as there used to be no formal mechanism for a unified points system. There is now.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘JTL: Now Cat 2’ is closed to new replies.