Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • JSA question
  • highclimber
    Free Member

I am currently claiming JSA and living with my parents but my girlfriend of 6 months has asked if I want to move in with her. She is aware of my situation and I wouldn’t want to have to rely on her should they deem she will be able to support me.

So I guess my question is, will they stop my JSA because I’ve moved in with my partner and would I be eligible for housing benefit to help with rent payments?

she’s a Nurse who earns over £20k if that helps

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Here you go, you can work it out for yourself.
    http://www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

if you just lived in the house with your female friend and shared the rent without being a couple, you’d probably get housing benefit. they can ask you about your personal circumstances but you are not obliged to answer

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    highclimber
    Free Member

the problem is that it’s only a one bed apartment and if you don’t answer the questions they ask, they can withhold or deny payment.

andyl
    Free Member

Put a blow up bed in the living room 😉

Seriously though, use the official benefits advisor and it should tell you.

druidh
    Free Member

I think CharlieMungus is suggesting that you become a benefit fraudster. You do realise that your actions will result in some child dying of starvation??

project
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    I think CharlieMungus is suggesting that you become a benefit fraudster. You do realise that your actions will result in some child dying of starvation??

Posted 1 minute ago # Report-Post

or some conservaytive MP, being allowed to claim more cash as a pleb does so that makes it acceptable. Not that the op is a pleb, just the technical name give to ordinary people by the rich ones.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Did you not ditch your previous girlfriend less than 6 months ago so that you could go and pursue your mountaineering ambitions?

highclimber
    Free Member

Did you not ditch your previous girlfriend less than 6 months ago so that you could go and pursue your mountaineering ambitions?

it was more than 6 months since I did, yes, but I didn’t bank on being made redundant!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

if you don’t answer the questions they ask…

except the one about relationship status, which if they ask you are entitled to say you’d rather not discuss your personal life

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

So you had two girlfriends on the go at the same time? High 5. 😀

highclimber
    Free Member

No but it wasn’t long after we split.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is the current girlfriend aware of your likelihood for itchy feet syndrome?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘JSA question’ is closed to new replies.