• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ajf.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • JRA wheelmilk & ghetto tubeless & compressors
  • captaindanger

Just bought some JRA wheelmilk and tried it, but it seems way too thin to do anything, just squirts out all over the place. Anyone had any luck with this?
    I HAVEN'T tried it with an air compressor though, will it work if I do that? And if so do I need a decent one or will a 20 quid argos jobby do the trick?

Thanks.

takisawa2

Yes, same stuff I used.
    I used a track pump from Asda. Press on the tyre near the valve to effect a temp seal, once you've got some air in it should begin to seal but will still take a fair bit of pumping. I doubt one of them 12v pumps would work. Once its got enough air in to keep shape, even if its still escaping, give the stuff a slosh about. The pressing on the tyre bit was the key for me. I'd been pumping like mad for ages. Once I got air in it was easy. You'll be amazed how porous a tyre is, but once the milk has started to react with the leaks it quickly does its job.

ajf
    Free Member

you putting the milk in first?

I got mine up using loads of washing up liquid and water, and did what takisawa2 did with the valve and a track pump.

Once up and seated it will keep going up from then on. So deflate and put JRA in and the re-inflate. If it comes out the side walls that will eventually stop (although you may want to put more milk in if its loads) as the holes get blocked up with the milk. If its the nipples that are leaking milk ( 😯 ) then it may mean you have got a leakky rim strip. That may or may not seal with the milk.

Try to go for a short ride round the block a few times when they are up even if they leak slightly as that should help it seal.

First pair I did leaked for ages through side walls but perservere and it will work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘JRA wheelmilk & ghetto tubeless & compressors’ is closed to new replies.