Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • JRA Traildog Plus Wheels – Anyone Tried Them?
  • tuboflard

I’m thinking of a new set of 650b+ wheels to go in a 29er and these look like good value. They’re wider and cheaper than the Specialized 6Fattie alternatives, and I suspect have better bearings in them too. What’s peoples experiences of the JRA wheels? Worth a punt?

mccraque

I don’t have any experience of the Traildog wheels but do remember that one of the magazines only a couple of issues back were luxuriating over them.

I do own a set of wheels that JRA built for me at the start of the year. Very well built. They’re still taut and rolling beautifully after 900 miles of abuse.

Gotama
    Free Member

I’ve been running a rear hub for a while and it has been great. Relatively quiet as well which is a plus in my book. As above had a few wheels built by JRA, they’ve all stayed solid and I’m not the most sympathetic. Also used the i35 rims and they work well for plus tyres albeit they’re not the lightest rims out there. All in they’re decent hubs on decent rims and incredibly well built.

tuboflard

Cheers both, might pop over to see them in person, they’re only 20 minutes drive from home so be good to see the options properly. Thanks!

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I’ve got some Traildog Plus wheels in 29er flavour with the i35 rims. Really impressed with them, seem well built and low maintenance. Only problem I’ve had is finding the right tyre combo for my frame as the i35 rim changes the profile of the tyre which may cause clearance issues.

sam_underhill

I’ve just ordered another set of wheels from JRA, had 3 previous sets. All have been by far the best wheels from a staying true perspective.

tuboflard

OK cheers James, will bear that in mind and probably err on the side of caution by starting with 2.8’s instead of 3 inch tyres to start

mccraque

will bear that in mind and probably err on the side of caution by starting with 2.8’s instead of 3 inch tyres to start

I made that very mistake on i35’s

So if anyone wants a 3.0 Rocket Ron with a Snakeskin sidewall please drop me a note!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘JRA Traildog Plus Wheels – Anyone Tried Them?’ is closed to new replies.