Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Joystick helmet mounts.
  • twoniner
    Free Member

That litle ‘U’ shaped clip on the helmet mount doesnt look like it would hold the light very well on a ride.

Does it do the job ok? Just considering getting one for the upcoming night riding.

kinda666
    Free Member

works well for me, I do wrap the lanyard thingy through a vent just in case though..

holds torches fine too..

They’ve got a lanyard as well, although you’ll only ever need it if you hit an overhanging branch, they never come unclipped in normal use.

Suggsey
    Free Member

As above always run lanyard through helmet vent only ever knocked mine off on a tree branch that caused me to fall off!!

tonyd

Mine’s not come off yet, bought in 2007 (ish)

rockhopperbike

£18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

found an old blinky seatpost mount that fits to helmet pretty good.- if that fails – then its the £18 bit of plastic

tonyd

You’ve got to wonder how they can justify it eh? I wanted to get a bar mount for my joystick for commuting, they’re ten quid or so for just a tiny little plastic U and a couple of zip ties!

Blurboy
    Free Member

I use two of these on the helmet. One for a Diablo and one for the back-up battery. Lanyard between the two inside the helmet. Works really well. Easy to adjust the direction of the light and it stays where pointed.

twoniner
    Free Member

Nice one, cheers for all the replies. looking at the mount it doesnt look like it holds it well but seems it does.

May treat myself to either a Joystick or Diablo

aracer
    Free Member

Helmet mount works well. That came for free with the Joystick (which was also free 🙂 ) to fit it to the bars I use a bit of pipe lagging and some elastic bands.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

You should consider something from Ay Up too. Still very light but much brighter.

drlex
    Free Member

Pipe clip, 2 x top hat washers & M4 bolt = v. cheap alternative.

adsh
    Free Member

Pipe clip, 2 x top hat washers & M4 bolt = v. cheap alternative.

Not for me – I’d like to think that an amount of research and testing went into the design of the factory mount including what happens when you crash badly. An M4 bolt an inch from the skull sounds crazy

FWIW it works very well indeed, doesn’t drop or wander off.

clanton
    Free Member

They work very well, very secure and you can adjust the angle of the light “on the fly” which I find useful. Unclip it for charging etc.

One minor niggle – if you have bigger vents like a Giro Xen then the base deforms over time. Not an issue with helmets with normal size vents.

allthepies
    Free Member

I’m currently using a free charity wristband thing looped through a helmet vent to secure my joystick. Works well 🙂

kuman
    Free Member

Works well with my diablo, so easy to adjust once on. Ball joint is a great idea. Best helmet mount out there.

D0NK

Works brilliantly, easy to clip on/off you can set the angle quickly and easily – good for if you need to lend it someone else or just use it as a torch before putting it back on. Definitely use a lanyard the light will come off in a crash or low hanging branches. and yes they are expensive for what they are but, in the grand scheme of expensive bike parts, worth it i reckon.

Northwind

I use a joystick mount with a much bulkier (and much better!) torch, and it holds it perfectly- more than up to the job, lovely bit of kit. I wouldn’t have one of their lights mind but the mount is ace.

variflex
    Free Member

yes helmet mount works well but remember to use the lanyard also. Low flying branches can knock the light off the mount quite easily if you’ve got some pace on.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Joystick helmet mounts.’ is closed to new replies.