Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Joyriders Spain – anyone been out there recently?
  • badnewz
    Free Member

Been many years since I was last out with Joyriders in Spain.

I’ve noticed they haven’t been mentioned much on here recently.

Does anyone know if they are still operating in Spain out of interest?

Vortexracing

I think they are no more, disappointingly 🙁

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

They’re doing hols in Nepal now, or rather they were before the earthquake.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrOvershoot

Is it these people? http://www.joy-riders.com/

badnewz
    Free Member

Is it these people? http://www.joy-riders.com/

Yes. I’ve looked around on the website and it does seem from the About section that they have relocated to the UK now.

doordonot
    Free Member

Friend of mine was a guide with them for a while. I heard the location was putting people off cos it was a bit remote from anywhere else.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No more remote than any of the others such as Ciclo, switchbacks etc. mark strikes me as the type of guy to do something for a few years then get bored/seek new challenges, and Pete, his main guide went off on a bike tour from the UK cycling to NZ for 18 months which probably helped his decision.

They were advertising 2 weeks in the Himalayas for about 1500 quid IIRC, just before the earthquake.

badnewz
    Free Member

I liked the location. I first went when Gary and Jude were running it, around 2005, then when someone called Les was guiding, around 2008, and there was someone else in charge, think he was called Gareth.

Del

Mark ( and I think ) Pete are still operational, but lower key than previously. Expect Mark’ll pop up later.

mark@joy-riders.com
    Free Member

Hi all. Thanks for the thread and comments.

It’s true, we’re no longer based in Spain and are back in the UK. As mentioned by Nobeerinthefridge, there where too many new opportunities, challenges and experiences to be had.

Joyriders is still going, but as Del say’s, it’s lower key. We had grand plans for Nepal this year (we should have been there now), but insurance was impossible after the Earthquake hit. The plan is to offer these trips again as soon as we can.

We’re also working on trips in the UK and other international locations. Pete’s just got back from a research trip in South Africa and Lesotho. The current plan is to keep Spain part of the offering too – just not full time.

A second business is being set up, inspired by Pete’s two year honeymoon cycling to New Zealand. Adventure Pedlars – fatbike adventure tours. The idea is that these trips would be run in the same locations and off the back of the Joyriders holidays. But you can also put your own bespoke tour together.

Watch this space and sign up to our newsletter if you want to stay up to date.

Take it easy,

Mark

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Joyriders Spain – anyone been out there recently?’ is closed to new replies.